Sunday, November 15, 2020

Behind The Blues

 




And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore most gladly I will boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake.  for when I am weak, then I am strong. 

2 Corinthians 12: 9 - 10 NKJV 


Is there anyone out there who is feeling more than a bit rattled today?  Think of all which we have going on in our lives.  Elections, a deadly (or so they say) virus and perhaps a change in our nations leadership all add up to the anxiety that I'm sure many of us are feeling.  Some may even be bordering on depression.  I get it.  Awhile ago, I stopped watching the daily news and internet news feeds because it was simply causing me more harm than good.  I don't need to be hit over the head to realize that todays news media has become mostly slanted to a liberal point of view.  Now, for a lifetime conservative, that is indeed bad news.  However, for someone with a solid faith in God, it might not be all bad news out there.  Last night I was watching a documentary on the United Sates Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration team.  From a young age, I've loved watching the Navy Blues and the Air Force Thunderbird squadrons show their skills at air shows around the world.  As I watched this episode, I was struck by something unique.  As each pilot marches out to the flight line at the start of each flight, his attention centers upon the crew chief of his aircraft.  With one gesture, the crew chief could shut down the flight.  Granted, the Navy pilots receive much of the attention, but it is the men and women working behind the scenes that make these jets fly.  What does this have to do with God, stress and the world we find ourselves living in?  Simple, like the Blue Angels, we have someone working behind the scenes for us as well.  As Christians, we do well to remember that it is God who gives us each and every day of our lives.  For without Him, we would not exist.  Nothing would.  Do you think for a minute that God cowers in fear of Joe Biden or Donald J Trump?  Not likely.  I would suggest that the opposite is true, that Trump and Biden should fear the Lord.  As I watched this campaign season unfold, it became obvious to me which of the candidates actually believed in and showed reverence to God.  That man was Donald trump.  Yet, I'm sure that even the bombastic Trump would admit that he is the one being used by the Lord for His purposes.


Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Romans 5: 5 NKJV 


How often is it, in the midst of our troubles, that we take a moment and contemplate just what it is that the Lord is accomplishing through our situation?  My dear friend, some time ago, suggested that instead of asking "why me, God?" that we should instead be asking "What are trying to accomplish, Lord?"  Because, like that experienced pilot, we should know by now that it is not we ourselves who mold and shape each and every moment we live.  That whole "carpe diem" thing really doesn't apply here.  Why?  Because we have one behind the scenes who is working life events and circumstances to conform to His will.  Joe Biden and Donald Trump are but figureheads in the Lords grand scheme.  Believe me, I feel a whole lot better knowing God is in charge than some left leaning liberal geezer.  This is the assurance that all believers must share, that despite all that is going on around us, that events are only happening by the will of the Father.  I'll rest my confidence upon that truth any day.  God is the one behind the scenes who, unfortunately, does not receive the credit He deserves all too often.  I would say this, if we believe in God, then we also believe that He can accomplish anything should He see fit.  After all, He did create all that we see around us.  So, if you find the time in the next few moments or days, ask God what He is working in your life.  Not only will get a better understanding of the one behind the scenes, you might just alleviate some anxiety as well.  


~Scott~ 

No comments: