Saturday, October 22, 2016

Christ Man

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no onger I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

What is it like to live in Christ Jesus?  I've written quite a few times on the very truth of Christ who walks with those who have chosen to accept Jesus.  I have been blessed to work alongside my friend Dennis in his ministry to tell the truth of Jesus and to help men grow in that truth of Christ Jesus.  This is the truth which the apostle Paul told of in Galations 2:20.  Not only have I referenced this verse often, but it is one of the core scriptures of our ministry to share the truth of Christ.  Before becoming involved in this ministry, my view of Jesus was simply one of a sinner on one side of the plain and Jesus on the other.  Sadly, this is a view which is perpetuated often in christianity.  However, as I've learned, nothing could be farther from the truth.  For as Paul tells us, it is no longer we who live, but Christ LIVES IN US.  Each of us, every day now have that opportunity to live our lives as Christ Jesus.  There is no seperation.  Jesus is not simply in heaven watching over us ready to interceded at the appropriate time.  It's much better than that, for every step we take we now take as Jesus.  I can honestly say that I understand the difficulty some may have in understanding this concept.  I get it, I've been there.  Those who have come to know me know all too well the struggle which I've had to come to that realization of "Christ in me."  In essence, it is akin to deprograming a message which the church has put out there for generations.  Although this has a lot to do with our struggle to accept the truth of being a true "Christ man," it is not the only obstacle in our way.  For the very concept of "Being Jesus" was once foreign to me.  Yes, I understand the struggle others may have with being Jesus.

Knowing this, that our old man was crucifed with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.  For he who has died has been freed from sin.  Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more.  Death no longer has dominion over Him.  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.  Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Therefore, do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Romans 6: 6 - 12 NKJV

Recently, Dennis asked me to focus more on the future of our walk as Christ men than on the sin which once defined us.  Of course, he's absolutely right in saying this.  For by continuing to focus on our past sin, the Christ man continues to get stuck in the cycle which we were once caught up in.  The cycle of sin and asking our heavenly Fathers forgiveness.  Of course, this cycle never ended.  However, what is it that Paul told us about that life which we once led?  Only that our "Old man was crucified with Him."  Who was this old man, just the sin nature we were once born into.  It is also that sin nature that, through Jesus, no longer defines us.  The very truth of the Christ man is that he walks, lives and breathes as Jesus.  What of the sin baggage we once carried with us?  Well, simply put, it is dead to us.  Put to death on the cross by Christ Jesus.  What remains is the Christ man we who have accepted Jesus have become.  Now, do we still sin?  Of course we will, but the Christ man is no longer defined by his sin nature.  When speaking of the Christ man, I mention those who have accepted Jesus as being Christ men.  For this is the choice that is presented to us.  Jesus has become sin and given Himself for us all {2 Corinthians 5:21}.  This is the truth, that ALL have been redeemed by Jesus.  However, many have not come to this realization as of yet.  It is this which is the focus of Dennis' ministry, that all would come to the realization that we indeed live as Christ Jesus.  This is the essence of the Christ man.

~Scott~
~Christ Men~ 

No comments: