Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Fathers Eyes



7But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. Ford the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
1 Samuel 16: 7 NKJV

Our discussion at our breakfast this week turned to how God sees all that He has created.  Many of us already know the truth of Christ Jesus which we have been trying to make our brothers aware of.  That of Christ in us {Galations 2:20}.  This...is how God looks upon His children.  Where mankind will see those around them in the filter of the worlds imperfections, our heavenly Father sees all that He has created for what it truly is.  If we have ever wondered just how God sees the world His own creation, we need only revisit the creation story.  We are told that God looked upon all He had created and it "was very good."  I have n doubt that He continues to see the world around us in such a way.  How can God see a sinful world as good?   How can God see sinful man as good?  Well, first off, all which has occured from the begining of time until now has not occured beyond His notice.  Indeed, nothing ever happens that God is not keenly aware of.  So, it's my belief that all which has occured has come to pass within the desires of God.  He allows these things to happen.  Despite the death, bad behaviors and tragedy of the world we know, it is God who has orchestrated it all.  How can God see sinful man as good?  Well, that sin debt was paid at the cross so there is nothing left to pay.  When God looks upon His children, He no longer sees one who is in debt to his sins.  No, when God looks upon me He sees His perfect Son living through me.  The trouble most people have is that they themselves fail to realize that which God has already given them.  This realization will only come by His revelation in our hearts.  To put it another way, if I were rich but didn't know how much money I had...would that make me not as wealthy?  Just because we do not realize what our heavenly Father has provided for us does not diminish us in our
Fathers eyes.

20“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who jwill believe in Me through their word; 21“that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22“And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23“I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
John 17: 21 - 24 NKJV

One can make the argument that the state of our world today is the direct result of Gods unhappiness with what He has created.  I get it.  After all, didn't He cast His judgement in the days of Noah?  What about Sodom and Gomorah?  Yes, I get that people may believe that God is unhappy with us and on the verge of washing over His creation to start all over again.  Well, that might be what the institutional church wants you to believe.  But is this really how God feels?  I doubt it.  Like I said, He has provided His children with the means to, as Adam had before us, be in fellowship with Him.  Not only do I believe that all our Lord has accomplished has been for our benefit, but I also believe that His desire is for us to be one with Him as Adam and Eve were.  In fact, this was the prayer of Jesus in the garden that night.  that we would be one as He and the Father were one {John 17:21}.  To me, it does not sound to me that God is unhappy with His own creation at all.  If He were unhappy, would He have provided for my salvation?  If He were unhappy, would His only Son dwell within me?  I'm sorry, I just don't buy the whole old testament fire and brimstone thing.  In fact, I think the belief that God may punish those whom He is displeased with keeps many people in bondage.  I've seen that belief with my own eyes, and it's destructive to a person.  The truth is that God is love {1 John 4:8}.  His love towards us has never been in question.  What has been in question is our own belief of how He sees His own creation.  May we see ourselves through the Fathers eyes.

20“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: