Saturday, October 26, 2019

The Walk Of Faith



6But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Hebrews 11: 6 NKJV

I've written a lot about how it is to live as Christ.  It is, after all, Christ Jesus who lives through us today {Galations 2:20}.  To me this knowledge is indisputable.  However, I cannot speak for others around me.  I do know that I have been attacked by many a God fearing christian for what I believe to be true.  It was never my intention to create a alternate christianity, only to shine a light on the truth of Christ Jesus.  See, all through my years in the church, the name of Jesus was treated more with kid gloves than anything else.  I was told that I needed to be more "like" Jesus in my daily life.  I've never heard any pastor mention the fact that it is Jesus who lives in me.  Why is that?  Why has mainstream christianity ran away from what should be a groundbreaking truth?  I mean, who wouldn't desire a personal relationship with Christ?  Isn't that what it's all about?  Rather than striving to be like Him, why not celebrate the assurance that Jesus has returned to make you one with Him?  After all, this is the way it was back in the early days of our Lords creation.  Adam and Eve walked through the garden in full assurance that God was their dearest friend.  Living and talking with Him was all that they knew.  To them, God was not some far off, distant being.  No, God was up close and personal with His creation.  That is, until the deceiver put forth the lie that they could "be like" God if they would simply eat the forbidden fruit of the tree.  Well, the dirty little secret is that they already were like Him!  Adam and Eve already were in full union with God, and by all accounts they trusted in this.  This is demonstrated in their relationship with Him.  What happened?  Well, simply put, their trust in God was broken.  For in the moment that satan put forth his lie, The thoughts of Adam and Eve turned from God to themselves.  God didn't change...we changed. 

1Now faith is the 1substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. 3By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
Hebrews 6: 1 - 3 NKJV

I know a man who will argue to his last breath in the defense of the scriptures.  I get it.  I've attempted on a few occasions to introduce verses on the indwelling Christ, and his only response is to point out more scripture to negate that which I've shown him.  From where I stand, this isn't true faith.  What that is is arguing your point.  Any two bit attorney can do that all day long.  I would suggest that true faith is something deeper than that.  True faith is...knowing.  Each day I wake up, I KNOW that I am a child of God.  With every breath that I take, I KNOW that I do so as Christ who lives through me.  A good friend once described faith as our assurance.  We are assured that the chair we're sitting in is actually there.  We're assured that if we drop a rock from a bridge, that it will fall.  We cannot see gravity, but we can definately see and feel its affects upon us.  Why?  Because our faith is the "evidence of things not seen" {Hebrews 6:1}.  I have never seen Jesus, but I am assured that He is alive in me.  As my mother used to reassure me, "I know that I know."  As our faith in that which we cannot see is, so must our faith in our heavenly Father be.  You've never seen God, yet you know that He is here.  I'll take it one step further, knowing what the apostle paul has told us of the indwelling Christ, we HAVE seen Jesus.  It is through us that the world will also come to know Him {Matthew 5:16}.  This is why I can say with confidence that Christ is alive in me.  This is my walk of Faith.

You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15“Nor do they slight a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16“Let your light so shine before men, tthat they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5: 14 - 16 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: