The God who makes the world and all that is in it, He, the Lord inherent of heaven and earth, is not dwelling in temples made with hands, neither is He attended by human hands, as if requiring anything, since He Himself gives to all life and breath and all
Acts of the Apostles 17: 24-25, Concordant New Testament Translation
The other day I mentioned a good friend of mine who some time ago had sat in on a service at a local church for the first time. By his own admission, he was searching for a relationship with Christ Jesus. Did he find what he was looking for? Yes, although eventually. My friend found his own way into a knowing of Jesus in the same way which I have, through discussions with another good friend. This is contrary to the way which some believers see the process of coming to know Jesus. Growing up in the church, i was always taught that God somehow dwelled within the confines of the church building itself. That I needed to attend each and every service in order to be "Within the Lords presence." Indeed, there continue to be those within the church who believe in this. So, you're telling me that God, the creator of all that we see, is limited in what He can do? That He is limited in His presence of His creation to simply existing within brick and mortar building? I'll never buy into that lie spoken by the church. Neither did the apostle Luke, it seems. For it is Luke who speaks in the book of Acts that God "Is not dwelling in temples made with hands" {Acts of the Apostles 17:24}. So, do you still believe that Gods sole place is within the church? In "Gods house." as they say? I would say no to that false teaching. Now, is the Father able to be within the confines of the church? Absolutely. The Father is able to be and reside wherever He desires. Now here's a shocker for you, one that many within the church refuse to consider. What if God desires to be known...within us? What? God within sinful man? What blasphemy is this? Not blasphemy, but the truth of our life within the Father. Jesus Himself speaks to this reality in the gospel of John {Johns Account 14:20}. Jesus in the Father, we are within Him, and He is within us. This is the truth we have in the Father.
I realize that there continue to be many believers out there who continue to follow the church line of "Finding Jesus." I was one of them. I spent my entire life in the church looking for something I already had. This is the dilemma that believers today find themselves in. Looking for Jesus. I would suggest that they start that search by looking within. THIS is where Jesus will be found in each of us. The apostle Paul speaks to this as well in Galatians {Paul to the Galatians 2:20}. Paul understood that his life, his existence, was now within Christ Jesus. This is the same identity which we share with Him. It is we who have been put to death with Him on that cross {Paul to the Romans 6:6}. That which once declared us as sinners has been put to death through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. We are no longer sinners, but justified through His death {Paul to the Romans 5:18}. Therefore, our search for Jesus should begin with our own realization of who it is that we are within the Fathers love. Those within the church will proclaim that it is our sin which has separated us from God. But if Jesus has died for the defeat of sin, what sin remains within us {Paul to the Romans 6:10}? Jesus did not die for our forgiveness one day, only to have sin raise its ugly head to condemn us the next. No, when Jesus died to sin, He died to our sins past, present and future. That condemnation is now gone. When God looks upon us He does not see us as sinners in need of His grace and forgiveness, but as His redeemed children {First Epistle of John 3:1}. This is the identity which we have within Him. This is who we are. Therefore, when we seek Jesus, all we need do is look within ourselves. It is there that we will find what we're looking for.
With Christ have I been crucified, yet I am living; no longer I, but living in me is Christ. Now that which I am now living in flesh, I am living in faith that is of the Son of God, Who loves me, and gives Himself up for me
Paul to the Galatians 2: 20, Concordant New Testament Translation
~Scott~

No comments:
Post a Comment