Sunday, May 13, 2018

As He Lives



 20according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Philippians 1: 20 - 21 NKJV

I really don't expect to get too much money for my revelation.  The other day I was contemplating the reality of Galations 2:20.  You know, that passage in which the apostle Paul assures us that Christ lives on through us.  So, as I contemplated this reality of Christ Jesus in me something else was spoken to me as well.  As Christ lives, so I live.  Again, I can thank Paul for his insight into this truth we find in Jesus.  It's in Philippians that he stakes his claim that to live is Christ..to die is vain {Philippians 1:21}.  So, I'm guessing that I can't proclaim that I've stumbled across anything too inspirational...although it was to me.  As He lives, so I live.  So it is that I now live this life in Christ Jesus.  Or, more appropriately, He lives through me.  Everything that I experience, touch and live, I share with Him.  It's funny that too many christians spend a lifetime in their own quest to "be closer" to Jesus.  Folks, we will NEVER be closer to our Lord and Savior than we are right now.  All it takes is for us to realize all that we have in Him.  Yes, this could well be our Lords revelation of Christ Jesus in us.  How else would we come to that realization of Jesus in us if not for our Lords revealing?  This is how was for Paul as well {Galations 1:16}.  When it pleases God, Christ Jesus will be revealed in us.  Now, that doesn't mean that everyone will receive that revelation and accept the truth of Christ.  We all should be aware of that.  We've all known those who, despite being children of God as we are, ignore that fact that they also are heirs in Christ along with us {Romans 8:17}.  I have zero doubt that my loving heavenly Father sees them as He also sees me.  Trust me, we've had more than a few group discussions about those who have realized that truth of Jesus and those who don't.  That in no way changes who I really am.  As He lives...so I live

15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
Galations 1: 15 - 17 NKJV

Notice that, as with Paul, God did not push me into my own realization into Christ in me. Despite all you might think you know about God, one thing that He has blessed all of His children with is that ability of choice.  I understand from a pretty reliable pastoral source that we are the ONLY ones in our Lords creation created with such freedom to choose.  It is by this fact that more than a few of Gods children refuse to accept the truth of Christ.  That in no way changes who they are, just that they do not realize it.  Trust me, I've often teetered on that cliffs edge of realizing the truth of Jesus myself.  For me it remains one of the most difficult things I've ever tried to comprehend.  So, I can often see why the institutional church has yet to embrace all that Jesus has to offer those who accept Him.  My mom often had a inspiring phrase she would tell me in my lowest moments.  As I struggled, she would all too often assure me that Jesus was as close to me as my next breath.  Well, it turns out that she was right all along.  I think of this in relation to the painting I used for this post.  Jesus is there knocking, will we answer Him?  We are all given the choice.  For those to whom the truth of Christ has been revealed, we now share our lives with Him.  As Christ and the Father are one, so it is for us {John 17:21}.  We are now one with the Father.  As He lives, so we live.

20“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who jwill believe in Me through their word;21“that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22“And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23“I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
John 17: 20 - 24 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: