Friday, May 12, 2023

God And Beer

 




So Elohim created humanity in His image; in the image of Elohim He created it: male and female He created them.

Genesis 1: 27, Concordant Old Testament 


There's been a lot of bluster lately over the decision by Anheuser Busch to use trans gender activist/instigator Dylan Mulvaney as a pseudo spokesperson for the brand.  We've seen countless celebrities as well as regular people spit out their Bud light beer and take a stand against the brewery giant.  It seems that in the traditionally male dominated beer market in the United States a line has been crossed.  If I were a beer drinker, I would likely consider joining this protest...if I were a beer drinker.  It turns out that I have never really developed a taste for beer, but I still have a dog in this fight.  I am one of the closed minded Christians that still considers a man to be a man and likewise a woman a woman.  So it was from the beginning, so it is today.  My interest in this heated debate comes from a place deep belief and faith.  Faith in knowing that God has created all which we see.  Scripture tells us that the Lord created man in His own image, male and female He created {Genesis 1:27}.  Now, if some trans gender activist wants to refer to me as closed minded for affirming what I believe in my heart then so be it.  I know that I have many people who believe as I do.  Of course, the Bud Light scandal is simply the tip of the iceberg in the recent gender wars.  We've seen far too many people "Identify" as anything from the opposite sex to a rock.  Male trans gender athletes who most assuredly would have gotten their asses kicked were they to compete as males have suddenly chosen the genital mutilation procedure and are competing in women's sports.  The shock value of all of this nonsense goes without saying.  Yet, I believe that this is a part of the reason for these gender swaps, to pressure our traditionally held beliefs into their twisted line of thinking.  I feel that I can say with confidence that the majority of this nation do not support this trans gender movement.  We're not closed minded.  We're not haters.  We simply believe in the creation which the Lord has revealed.  


Then Yahweh Elohim caused a stupor to fall on the human.  While he was sleeping, He took one of the angular organs and closed up the flesh over its place.  Yahweh Elohim built the angular organ He had taken from the human into a woman and brought her to the human.  The human said: This time, it is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh.  This shall be called woman, because this was taken from her man.  Therefore a man shall forsake his father and mother; he will cling to his wife, and both of them will be one flesh. 

Genesis 2: 21-24, Concordant Old Testament 


There have been many times that I have been glad that I wasn't graced with a taste for beer, and this is certainly one of them.  But, as I've mentioned, this is not simply a issue of beer, but of who we ultimately feel we are.  Do we understand, as I do, that the world was created by the command of the Lord?  Or, do we see the world and universe around us as a collection of particles which "somehow" long ago organized themselves into what we see today?  Even some of the worlds best scientists have attested that the universe being divinely created has some credence to it.  Yet many non believers will not see things this way.  The lie of the accuser has blinded them to the truth of God.  The lie that we are separated from God.  The lie that we simply go about our daily lives at our own leisure while God sits in heaven.  The lie that we are our own self.  Sadly, even a fair share of so called believers adhere to this thinking.  The reality is, how can a creation be separate from its creator?  Growing up, I built a lot of model airplanes.  I did not view them as their own creation, but as something I had put in the time and effort to create.  We can see ourselves in the same way.  Scripture tells us that we are created in the image of God.  We have His attributes in us, we are intimately connected to our creator.  I will never be ashamed of the way that my heavenly Father has created me.  I identify as a man who intimately knows the Lord and loves Jesus.  I could never drink enough beer to deny that.  


Yahweh Elohim formed the human out of soil from the ground, and He blew into his nostrils the breath of life; and the human became a living soul. 

Genesis 2: 7, Concordant Old Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: