Sunday, July 30, 2023

As Intended




 Would anyone contend with his former?  Earthenware of the ground with its artificer?  Shall the clay say to its potter, what are you making?  Or the contrivance say, it has no hands? 

Isaiah 45: 9, Concordant Old Testament 


One of the current firestorm issues in this country has been the transfer of genders among those desiring to do so.  Swimmer Lia Thomas, who attended the University of Pennsylvania, seemingly blazed a trail for transgender athletes to follow when, in 2020, she chose to ignore who she was created to be and go with who she wanted to be instead.  Many people have expressed their concerns over the possibility of transgender women competing in women's sporting events.  Many more expressed their apprehensiveness at trans gender women using the same locker room and bathroom facilities as other women who have not chosen to abandon how it is they were created.  So, how is this a Christian issue?  How did this land in our laps?  As conservatives, aren't we for peoples freedom to choose?  Yes, to an extent.  I pose another question, can a man suddenly grow female organs?  No.  In order for the transgender idea to take hold, modern surgical procedures are required.  See, the truth of the matter is that men have been created to be men and likewise women to be women {Genesis 1:27}.  This was the original intent of the Lord, 'Men and women He created them.'  God created us each with different characteristics unique to who we are.  This is part of the miracle of creation.  How, then, can I say to the Lord, 'God, I don't think You got it right when You created me.'  Ask yourself this, does God lie?  Does God make mistakes?  If you answer in the negative, not only are you correct, but you have debunked the whole transgender idea.  See, I was born as a male, a man.  There is NOTHING I can do to change that reality.  I am a man, which is what God intended for me.  No matter who it is I choose to think I am, at the end of the day I am a biological male as the Lord intended.  I believe that one of the reasons that certain people choose to "identify" as someone of another gender is because they realize that, biologically, we are who we were created to be.  Aside from that, has anyone realized that we free thinking humans are the only ones clamoring that God messed up in His creation?  The rest of the Lords creation, it seems, accepts how it was created.  


O man!  Who are you, to be sure, who are answering again to God?  That which is molded will not protest the molder, "Why do you make me thus?"  Or has not the potter have the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor? 

Romans 9: 20-21, Concordant New Testament 


Are there things you have created in your life?  A garden?  A model airplane?  When I was younger I used to spend hours building model airplanes.  Never once did one of my creations speak up and proclaim that it did not feel like the object I created.  I have never known a garden to rise up and proclaim that it does not identify any longer as a garden as it was created.  Anyone see where I'm headed here?  What right do we have to say to the God who lovingly created us, 'I don't feel like that.'  Are we not openly accusing God of being wrong when we do so?      THIS is what makes this a Christian issue.  It should be mentioned that God is NEVER wrong in what He does.  It should also be mentioned that He never lies.  Therefore, when God spoke my name He created me as the person which I am.  God did not make a mistake, nor did He lie about who I am.  What has happened is that certain individuals have chosen to ignore who they were created to be and instead embrace the lie of the accuser.  For His part, God has given those individuals over to the lusts of their hearts {Romans 1:24}.  Again, this in no way changes our original creation  and God has certainly not abandoned them completely.  He has simply allowed those who choose to follow the lie to continue to do so. However, it is the Lords desire that ALL of His creation come to know Him.  God does not look upon those choosing to ignore who they are with condemnation, but with love {1 John 4:8}.  It is God who waits for His children to return to Him.


Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanliness of dishonoring their bodies among themselves.  

Romans 1: 24, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: