Sunday, September 22, 2024

Trust Issues

 




Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and do not lean to your own understanding.

Proverbs 3: 5, Concordant Old Testament 


The longer I live, the more I realize that there are times when the ways of the Lord are beyond my own understanding.  In times past, whenever I would encounter these situations, I would revert to my own knowledge of how things ought to be.  I wasn't trusting in God to guide me no matter what.  Most of the time, fear of the unknown would keep me from doing this.  I'd pray for His help in a certain situation, then instead of trusting and waiting, I would attempt to rectify the situation myself.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I had trust issues with the Lord as a young believer.  It's a tough pill to swallow, giving up control of your life and circumstances.  Yet, when you dig deeper into this you realize that this life I live was never meant to be lived on my own accord.  I've written more than a few times of the lie which the Satan the deceiver spoke to Adam and Eve in the garden.  The lie in which the Lords creation was tricked into believing that they could "Be like God" {Genesis 3:4-5}.  The trouble with this thinking is that the first creation was unaware that they were already like God.  As the likeness of His own image, Adam and Eve had the Father within them as surely as we have the DNA of our parents within us.  Yet, this being unknown to the them, the lie spoken by Satan was accepted and flourished.  Flourished to the point that even today, many mainstream churches continue to speak that we can never be one with the Father which John speaks to {Johns Account 14:20}.  The closest we can come is to "Be like" Jesus.  It seems that trust issues are rampant in much of Christianity today.  We trust in the lie rather than the truth.  We don't trust that Christ Jesus died for us "Once for all time" {Paul to the Romans 6:10}.  We do not trust in the words of Paul that it is Christ who lives in us {Paul to the Galatians 2:20}.  It seems that all which we seem to trust in is our own abilities.  Yet even that is in question, because if we trusted in our own abilities, why would we come to God for His assistance?  


And do not be configured to this eon, but to be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for you to be testing what is the will of God, good and well pleasing and perfect. 

Paul to the Romans 12: 2, Concordant New Testament 


I believe that there is a good reason for which the apostle Paul spoke to the "Renewing of your mind" in the text of Romans {Paul to the Romans 12:2}.  Paul speaks to our disregarding that in the world in which we put our trust.  To be focused, instead, on what we discover is the will of the Father in our lives.  To live our lives in the truth of our union in Christ and the Father instead of believing in the lie of the deceiver.  To trust in the Lord and not in our own understanding {Proverbs 3:5}.  My own understanding, which all too often led me to trust more in my own abilities than in God.  This IS NOT the will of the Father.  This is living by my own accord while relegating God to the background.  Trusting fully in God means trusting Him with every aspect of my life, even that which I do not understand at the time.  To accept where the Father is leading me and trusting in Him that He has my best interests at heart.  THAT is living in Him.  Don't get me wrong, I already live in union with Him, but it is only through His revelation by which I have come to the knowing that I live only for Him.  The world around me might live according to the lie of the deceiver, but I trust in God to reveal to me what His plans are for my life.  My trust is in Him.  


~Scott~ 

No comments: