Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Who Am I?

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

This verse, from the Apostle Paul in Galations, has been one of the hardest ideas for me to get a hold of.  However, it is also essential to how I see myself as a whole.  Jesus was crucified and died for my sins, this much I know and believe in my heart.  Yes, even the resurected Son of God.  But the resurected Christ living in me?  This WAS NOT easy for me to believe.  We must ask, would Paul make such a statement if he did not believe it to be true?  Can we wholeheartedly make the claim that within our earthbound bodies, Jesus lives within us?

Or do you not know that your body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods.
1 Corinthians 6:19 NKJV

The temple of the Holy Spirit...you and I?  Indeed  we have been purchased, and the blood of Christ was the price that was paid for us.  In fact, it is concievable that God holds the ownwership papers for all that we are.  How else could we explain Pauls expression of "For you were bought at a price?"  I guess Paul understood that the price Jesus paid for us all, shedding his blood for mankind, transfered ownership of our bodies to God.  But, if we are "under new ownership", who was the previous owner?  Well, I'm thinking it had something to do with the Garden of Eden and the fall of man.  See, before that initial sin, mankind enjoyed a joyous relationship with his creator.  However, once satan tempted Eve into sin, that all changed.  Man went from the good times in the garden, to a life seperate from God.  Once that happened, ownership for Gods children was instilled on satan.  With Christs unselfish sacrafice, that ownership was transfered once again.  Paul encourages us in 1 Corinthians 6:19 to rejoice in Gods victory and our deliverance unto our "Original Owner."


1 comment:

Dennis Deardorff said...

I am excited about my new owner! Good job.