Wednesday, April 17, 2024

The Fathers Voice

 




"He who is of God is hearing Gods declarations.  Therefore you are not hearing, seeing that you are not of God."


Johns Account 8: 47, Concordant New Testament 


There is a popular television game show where unknown singers compete from behind a screen.  As they sing, well known recording artists judge them based not on appearance, but by their voice talent.  I was thinking of this this week as I contemplated what we have come to know as "God's voice" within us.  I've heard it time and time again from Christians who face particular situations oh so carefully as they await to hear from God as to what it is they should do.  I get it.  Of course, I also hear many believers complain that they just cannot hear the voice of the Father despite waiting for awhile.  Is it that the Father makes His voice known only to certain people?  I would doubt that.  The Father who loved us enough to breathe into us the breath of life would not pick and choose which of His children He wishes to commune with.  I believe that the desire of the Lord is that He commune with ALL of His children.  Yet, there are those who insist that they cannot hear the voice of the Lord.  My question to them would be this, do you know Him?  Do you know Him well enough to recognize His voice?  Jesus proclaims that those who do not hear the voice of the Lord "Are not of God" {Johns Account 8:47}.  It is for this reason that I ask, do you know Him?  I admit that for much of my life I only knew OF the Father.  I knew the stories which were told each and every Sunday.  How I was created in his image {Genesis 1:27}.  How the Father breathed into me the breath of life {Genesis 2:7}.  Yet as far as knowing the Father intimately, I was lost.  I was like most well meaning Christians, knowing of God yet never experiencing a relationship with Him.  Granted, I knew right from wrong, and I still possessed that "Little voice" within me which warned me when I was on the verge of doing something wrong.  Some claim that this is indeed the voice of the Lord.  While a good case can be made that this voice of what we know as our own conscience is in reality the muted voice of the Lord within us, it is often ignored.  


Lo!  I stand at the door and am knocking.  If ever anyone should be hearing My voice and opening the door, I will also be coming in to him and dining with him, and he with Me. 

The Unveiling Of Jesus Christ 3: 20, Concordant New Testament 


I first heard of the scripture being "Seared" into our memory during a Sunday morning sermon.  I feel most would agree that there are certain events in our lives which will be forever seared into our consciousness.  I feel that the same can be said of the scripture which we read.  Passages which seem so important that something within speaks to us that we should remember it.  The Fathers voice?  I believe that it very well could be.  Do I believe that those who have never known the Lord can hear His voice?  Absolutely.  God has never been limited to only those who follow Him.  After all, each of us has a unique history with the Father.  We recognize Him because it is God who is a part of who we are.  For we are not flesh based, but in spirit {Paul To The Romans 8:9}.  This is the truth which the apostle Paul spoke to in Galatians.  That being the truth of our life in Christ {Paul Tom The Galatians 2:20}.  Following the history of the Lords creation, God first created man in His spirit image {Genesis 1:27}.  It is this spirit image which is our one true identity.  After that, God formed the flesh man out of the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life, and our spirit became a living soul {Genesis 2:7}.  There is no doubt that the Father has been a part of us from the beginning.  Therefore, I believe that it is entirely possible that someone who has never known the Lord will suddenly hear His calling.  Of course, it remains entirely up to the Father as to when this will happen.  


~Scott~ 

No comments: