Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Trust Factor




 Tossing your entire worry on Him, for He is caring concerning you. 

Peter To The Dispersion (1) 5: 7, Concordant New Testament 


How well do you trust God?  Do you trust Him enough to accept whatever it is He has planned for your life?  Too many Christians stop short of placing full and complete trust in the Father.  They walk by sight.  The apostle Paul explained this to the believers in Corinth {Paul To The Corinthians(2) 5:7}.  What does this mean for us?  Well, a good friend of mine explained trust to me in a rather unique way some years ago.  He explained that trust was similar to a park bench that we expected to support us whenever we placed ourselves upon it.  We look upon such a bench and we know that we will be supported when we sit upon it.  We might not know much about the objects construction, but we know that.  Likewise, how is it that we know within ourselves that the Lord God is trustworthy?  Well, one of our best sources is that of the scriptures.  We're told that God cannot Lie {To The Hebrews 6:18}.  We are told that God never changes {To the Hebrews 13:8}.  We can rest in the confidence that we can definitely trust in the Father to know what is best for us.  After all, it is God who created us {Genesis 1:27}.  Who would know more about us or what it is that we truly need?  The apostle Peter proclaims that we should place our worries upon God {Peter To The Dispersion (1) 5:7}.  Why?  Because He CARES FOR US.  Again, we can rest assured that when we place our worries and concerns upon the Lord that we are not wasting our efforts.  In my life I have tried too many times to walk by sight.  That is, to do things my own way.  More often than not the result is all too predictable.  Yet I have also faced many occasions where I placed my trust in the Lord and allowed Him to guide me through whatever it is I was facing.  Of course, as with others we may have met in our lives, trust may not come easy.  


Now faith is an assumption of what is being expected, a conviction concerning matters which are not being observed. 

To The Hebrews 11: 1, Concordant New Testament 


My own path to knowing the Father was not an easy one for me.  Raised in a Christian home, the rules and regulations of the Christian mainstream church were instilled in me from a early age.  Instead of knowing God as I now do, I simply knew OF Him.  I knew of the stories and sermons which were spoken on Sundays.  Yet my heart did not see God for who He is, as a integral part of who I am.  This is the error of traditional church teaching.  The separation of the Father and the believer.  How is it that I trust in One who is not an intimate part of my life?  For me, trust is a matter of knowing.  I KNOW that God will never leave me nor forsake me.  I KNOW that He hears me when I speak to Him.  To me, God is not simply a figurehead in heaven, but a part of who I am.  Jesus speaks to this reality in the book of John {Johns Account 14:20}.  Jesus speaks to the reality of He in the Father, we in Christ and Christ in us.  Jesus is intimately involved in our lives.  Paul speaks to this in Galatians {Paul To The Galatians 2:20}.  I trust in Him because I KNOW Him.  


For to expectation were we saved.  Now expectation, being observed, is not expectation, for what anyone is observing, why is he expecting it also?  Now, if we are expecting what we are not observing, we are awaiting it with endurance. 

Paul To The Romans 8: 24-25, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~

No comments: