Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Unanswered Questions



8“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. 9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55: 8 - 9 NKJV

I've asked the question thousands of times.  Why God?  Why do you do the things that you do?  Why do you bring me into so many situations that I wish you wouldn't?  Why won't you ever tell me why?  Am I wrong for thinking this way?  Well, I used to think so.  Back in the day where I saw God not as a personal relationship, but as one who looked and acted on my life from afar.  Indeed, His ways are so much further above my own that all too often He may be acting in my own best interests but I just can't see it.  His thoughts are that much more than my own that He is always far ahead of any of my own.  This is how God works.  Contrary to old covenant theology, God has not simply set His mind on the punishment of man while He runs the affairs of His creation.  Again, that simply isn't who He is.  Who is God?  Well, I would guess that how you see Him depends a lot on your view of Him.  Back in the day I saw God as more of a overseer that anything.  God was only there to correct me when I needed it, which seemed like a pretty demanding job.  However, this isn't who God truly is at all.  The apostle John tells us that God...is Love {1 John 4:8}.  So, if God is love, why doesn't He keep us updated on all that He is doing in our lives?  Why is it that we need to ask Him why?  Well, like I said, that's just how God is.  His thoughts are above mine and His ways are above me as well.  Despite the fact that I have a personal relationship with Christ Jesus, there are still those times where His actions and decisions are beyond my comprehension.  I may rest in the knowledge of one fact, however, that no matter how lost or hurt I'm feeling, that every thought of God is on my well being.  In fact, the apostle Paul tells us that ALL things work for the good for those who love the Lord {Romans 8:8}.  Not just some things, but ALL things.  It's here where we often get lost in our heavenly Fathers good intentions for us.  How can we see that all things work for our good when we're going through our own troubles?  How do we see our Lords goodness and love when life chews us up and spits us out?  Well, I believe that it is in these moments that our own trust in who God is will carry us through.

7Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4: 7 - 8 NKJV

How can I see who God truly is and not trust in that fact?  How can I believe in my heart that God is love yet refuse to accept it?  It doesn't even seem possible.  Yet time and again all too many christians who know better do not realize the truth of who God truly is.  Believe me, I've been there.  This is why I often asked Him, why God?  I believe that this is why too many christians feel disconnected from Him.  It's no wonder why we are always wondering where He is and what He's doing when we're facing our battles.  Would it surprise you to know that in the midst of your worst day that God is walking in front of you preparing the way for you?  If you don't know the true nature of God, then I'm guessing that it would.  We're told that Elisha prayed that the eyes of his companion would be opened that he would see the defending armies of the angels of the Lord {2 Kings 6:17}.  Indeed, we can also pray that He would open our own eyes that we might see as well.  What is it that you want Him to show you?  What is it that you want Him to tell you?  Ask Him.  Instead of asking why, ask Him "What are you doing here, God?"  Believe me, God is not so far removed from our lives that He cannot speak to us directly.  The apostle Paul reveals this truth to us in Galations {Galations 2:20}.  God is not so far removed from His children that He cannot speak to us.  In fact, He is closer to you than you might think.  For it is the Spirit of Christ Jesus who now lives through us as Paul realized.  If you've never heard of this truth of Christ, ask Him that He might open your eyes to see what He wants you to see.  I guarantee that He will show you what He desires for you if you will only ask Him.  This is my prayer for you, that He would open your eyes that you may see all which He has in store for you.


15And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?” 16So he answered, g“Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD iopened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
2 Kings 6: 15 - 17 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: