Saturday, June 5, 2021

Trade In Value

 




For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Philippians 3: 20 - 21 NKJV


A few years ago, while driving to work, I was involved in a accident.  While I was not hurt, my venerable old Jeep had seen its last ride.  In the eyes of any insurance adjuster, it was a total loss.  The needed repairs were not deemed worth the value of a car her age.  I get it.  I'm sure that there are many others out there who have had similar experiences.  I thought of this incident this week as we began to look forward to discussing our new bodies.  New bodies?  We're not talking about new car bodies here.  No, I'm talking about OUR new body which scriptures tell us that we are awaiting for {Philippians 3:20-21}.  Now, I'm not a biblical Pharisee school scholar, but I also know that something would not be written in scripture unless it needed our attention.  So, let's look at this notion of the transformed body.  I'm assuming that it begins with our transformation from this physical realm to the spiritual world we will enter into once our time in this world has ended.  Is this the point where we get our new bodies?  Well, according to the apostle Paul, we are awaiting for Christ Jesus to conform our flesh and blood bodies to His own?  It is not surprising that many a Christian does not know a lot about the transformed body, because not many people wish to talk to things concerning death and the thereafter.  I guess we've gotten too comfortable with our lives in this here world.  Even while I was in church, I rarely heard a sermon from the Pharisee school of thought which spoke to our post death bodies.  So, I'm assuming that most people are not too well informed on the subject, myself included.  So, what is my flesh and blood body worth?  What sort of trade in value will I have?  Of course, these are all questions floated from a worldly point of view.  Somewhere along the line, someone might feel that their flesh bodies do not carry a high trade in value.  Well, that's not the way it works in Gods plan.  Besides, God is not judging by flesh and blood, as that is not our one true identity.  Again, Paul helps us out by pointing out who it is we are in Christ Jesus {Galatians 2:20}.  Yes, we may consist of flesh and blood, but our true identity is in Christ.


In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.  For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.  So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory."  "O Death, where is your sting?  Oh Hades, where is your victory?" 

1 Corinthians 15: 52 - 55 NKJV 


So what is it that we are waiting for?  Are we awaiting that last farewell which our earthly brethren will bestow upon us once we leave this world?  Or, as Paul advised us, are we awaiting a time when Christ Jesus will provide for us that incorruptible body once and for all?  Well, as for me, I'm not providing too much loyalty into this world.  My hope is for that new body which I have been promised.  I know that it will be uncorrupted.  I also know that my life in Him far outweighs a life conformed to the world.


~Scott~ 

No comments: