Sunday, September 12, 2021

The Traveling God Show

 




If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

1 John 4: 


There's no doubt that this post will generate more than it's share of criticism, perhaps rightly so.  However, I felt in my heart the other night to speak to something I have been planning on writing about anyway.  That is, I suck at being God.  No, I REALLY suck at being God.  That being said, there are plenty of Christians out there who also really suck at being God.  The only difference between us is, I'll admit it.  Now, anyone who has been reading my past posts knows that I am big on claiming that I have the revelation of Christ in me.  That being said, having the realization of Christ in you is different from taking on the responsibilities of God.  Yet, that is what plenty of well minded Christians do each and every day.  Soon our road of good intentions becomes a traveling God show.  This traveling God show includes such acts as condemnation, sorcery and general behavior unbecoming of God...if we were actually God.  Think about it, we pass down judgement upon others instead of showering them in mercy and love.  We trust in the ways of men in order to read the tea leaves to see into the future.  All the while we speak to others about the forgiveness of God and how only He knows what lies ahead of us.  So, it seems that this traveling God is a hypocrite as well.  Like I said, I suck at being God, especially in this context.  Believe me, I've been there.  Back in my church days I felt at times like Gods own personal enforcer, pointing out to everyone the errors of their ways.  I mean, aren't we told in scripture to inform a brother when he falls short {Matthew 18:15-17, Galatians 6:1}?  Yet, as I went about my crusade in my own traveling God show, there was no gentleness in my approach.  Like I said, I suck at being God.  


Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you must also do.  

Colossians 3: 12 - 13 NKJV 


So what is the difference from trying to be God and the truth of Christ I have in me?  Well, I do not attempt to take on those responsibilities of Christ Jesus who is in me.  Yes, I live as Christ Jesus who is in me, but it has never been up to me to shoulder the burdens which He endures.  It has never been my duty to condemn others for their behaviors.  It has also never been my duty to predict the future.  Only God knows these things...and I'm not Him.  I have more than a few friends who take it upon themselves to engage in one conspiracy theory after another about what the future holds for us.  How is it that they obtained the knowledge reserved but for God Himself?  For God is the only one who knows what the future will bring.  You might claim that you know what is coming down the road, when in reality you really suck at being God.   As you might have realized, it is not my belief that having Christ in me does not allow me to take on the responsibilities of God.  What it does provide me is the knowing in my heart that the Christ who redeemed me also lives in me.  I can say with much confidence that I walk as Christ who is in me.  However, I cannot claim that the world is in my hands.  That's a God thing.  The apostle Paul, in his scripture revealing to us the indwelling Christ, never claimed that we would take on Gods responsibilities, only that we would live as Christ who is in us {Galatians 2:20}.  Now, there are those Christians who will go down the rabbit hole of being Christ equals being God, and that is their choice.  I have the realization that I am Christ...but I suck at being God.  


For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 2: 5 NKJV 


~Scott~ 

No comments: