Friday, March 4, 2022

Being God

 




God no one has ever seen.  The only - begotten God.  Who is in the Bossom of the Father.  He unfolds Him. 

John 1: 18, Concordant New Testament


I had a conversation the other week with a brother who was convinced that the Lord had delivered unto him a special message for me.  I couldn't help but be skeptical, so I took his words with a grain of salt.  I remember in my church going days that every now and then I'd experience the very same thing.  Every now and then a friend would pull me aside assured that God had given to them the words I needed to hear.  Well, more often than not these prophetic words turned out to be the words THEY wanted me to hear.  So, if there is something which God has intended for me to hear, why is it that He has not told me about it Himself?  As believers, we have the unique ability to be in union with Jesus and the Father {John 17:21}.  The apostle Paul proclaims that it is Christ Jesus who lives in us {Galatians 2:20}.  Knowing this, why is it not possible that we ourselves can and do hear the spoken word of God?  Of this I am extremely thankful, because people really suck at being God.  I have never created anything in nature.  I have never parted the seas.  Oh, and I have never healed anyone.  This is why I know that I would suck at being God.  Now, I know the truth of being one with the Father as Jesus prayed that night, but I'm nobody's God.  So, if the Lord has a special message intended for me, why in the hell would He give it to you to give to me?  Granted, God may speak His words through another in order that we may hear them, but I find that direct communication better than secondhand information.  What if I told you that God had spoken to me that He desired you go to church?  Yes, someone has posed that song and dance to me.  On cue, my first response is usually, "Well why didn't He tell me Himself?"  I do not look too kindly on someone who tells me something they want me to hear but frame it as Gods spoken word.  No, you suck at being God.  


"With Christ I have been crucified, yet I am living; no longer I, but living in me is Christ.  Now that which I am now living in the flesh, I am living in faith that is of the Son of God, who loves me, and gives Himself up for me."

Galatians 2: 20, Concordant New Testament


I remember playing the telephone game in a high school civics class.  The teacher would choose one person to step out of the room.  While the rest of the class waited, he would take the lucky kid out of the room, tell him a story and then have him return to tell the rest of the class.  Well, it didn't take long before the words of the original story had become lost amid another interpretation.  Who's to say that the word of the Lord which you feel so strongly about giving to me isn't second or third hand information?  I have no idea that what you speak is truly from the Lord.  You've never been a prophet and from what I can tell...you suck at being God.  Now, if it comes to pass that the Lord affirms IN ME the validity of the words you have spoken, then we have a whole new ball game.  However, now it's less about you speaking Gods word to me and more about the Father in me affirming His words.  There's a difference.  For it is the Father in me who will place His word upon my heart.  When we live in the union life with Jesus and the Father, we have the ability to hear His spoken word in our hearts.  my desire is not that I would learn to understand your words better, but that I would know Him who is in me.  I would rather live in union with Him...because I really suck at being God.  


For there is one God, and one mediator of God and mankind, a Man, Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 2: 5, Concordant New Testament


~Scott~ 

No comments: