Saturday, December 31, 2022

Raising The Dead (A Story Worth Telling)




 "The greatest decision I ever made was to give (Jesus) Lordship over my life"

Derek Carr (Quarterback, Las Vegas Raiders)


If you're a football fan, or sports fan in general, you might see them every week.  Those athletes who, when asked by the media who it is they thank for the win or their abilities will respond that they give the glory to the Lord and Him only.  I find it refreshing that those with such a big platform with which to speak their opinion choose to give glory to the Lord at every turn.  Admit it, we don't hear it that often from the people who surround us.  For the most part, we're surrounded by the negativity and sarcasm of the world.  I've seen fat too many sports figures who, instead of giving glory to the Lord, choose to speak to their next big contract or how they will spend their money.  Worse yet are those who speak to how it is they are being railroaded after their latest brush with the legal system.  What a awesome thing it is where someone feels so strongly about their walk with the Lord that want to tell the world of what they have experienced.  Well, the reality is, we can do just that.  We also have our own platforms each and every day with which to proclaim our heavenly Fathers glory.  You don't need to be a high priced athlete in order to speak of God and hopefully make a difference in the life of another person.  Telling the story of how it is God has worked in our lives is a gift every Christian has received.  I can only imagine that the desire of the Lord is that all would share their experiences with the world around them.  In most situations, this was not something I was comfortable with doing.  I was ok with having the glory of the Lord, but it had to be a special occasion if I ever shared that with someone.  Yet something changed over the past few years where I not find myself sharing with others via this page or in person just how much of a difference Jesus has made in my life.  This is a story worth telling.


Yet whenever that may be coming - the spirit of truth - it will be guiding you into all the truth, for it will not be speaking from itself, but whatsoever it should be hearing will it be speaking, and of what is coming will it be informing you. 

John 16: 13, Concordant New Testament 


Recently in the course of my work I came across a young lady named Heather who was in the process of using a intoxicant of the illegal kind.  As I watched her I said the first thing that came to mind, "You know that stuff is going to kill you, right?"  She simply nodded her head and continued.  Then, whether I realized my platform or not, I told her that "God doesn't want this for you."  I did manage to male a small connection with her and point her in the direction of people who could help her.  Then, I offered a prayer that God would watch over Heather.  I trust in my heart that He will do just that.  Through my job, I have discovered that I also have a platform with which to proclaim the glory of the Lord that I have experienced in my own life.  What is your platform?  It might be a job, a relationship or a talent as a speaker of writer.  Whatever it is, the word of the Lord and the gospel of Jesus will undoubtedly be spread far and wide by those who know Him.  Then, the more people who come to know Christ Jesus in their lives will also tell others of Him.  You can see how this goes.  This is how the gospel of Jesus originally spread, through the word of mouth of those who knew Him.  These are the recorded words of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, those who knew the Lord Personally.  Through their words we will come to know Jesus and tell of our own experience in Him.


~Scott~ 

No comments: