Thursday, December 22, 2022

God With Us

 




Therefore Yahweh Himself will give a sign to you:  Behold, the damsel shall be pregnant and bear a son, and you will call his name Immanuel. 

Issaiah 7: 14, Concordant Old Testament 


It's been called the greatest story ever told, but I prefer to think of it as the greatest gift ever given.  As we inch closer and closer to this Christmas day, it gives us chance to step back and consider the true meaning of the greatest gift ever given.  Growing up, I'd heard that God was a loving Father, and sometimes I wondered what birthday or Christmas gift my Father would give to me.  While my earth bound parents presented me with gifts such as model airplanes and electronic games, it took some time before I realized the gift that my Lord has given me.  This gift which He has given to us.  What is this gift?  Well, it's one that we might not realize for some time depending  our own relationship with the Lord.  Like I said, my own realization of my gift occurred later in life.  So, what is this gift presented to us by our heavenly Father?  We find it spoken of in the prophesy of the birth of Jesus.  It is in His name...Immanuel.  Which is translated "God with us."  This is the greatest gift ever given.  The first realization I had of this gift didn't come from the greatest story ever told, but from the apostle Paul.  It is the apostle Paul who speaks to us in Galatians of Christ Jesus living in him {Galatians 2:20}.  Paul was speaking to the truth of the prophesy, God with us.  Every day I walk as Christ Jesus who is in me, this is the gift which God has given me.  Yet not just to me, but to all of His children as well.  You may never realize the gift which you have been given, but make no mistake it is there for you to have.  The greatest gift ever given.  


With Christ have I been crucified, yet I am living; no longer I, but living in me is Christ.  Now that which I am now living in flesh, I am living in faith that is of the Son of God, who loves me, and gives Himself up for me. 

Galatians 2: 20, Concordant New Testament


I find it disheartening that more people know of the Christmas birth of Jesus story than know of the truth of Christ in us.  This does not take away from the truth of Jesus in us, but illustrates one of the shortcomings of our Christian religion.  The fact that few pastors, priests or leaders speak to the truth of the indwelling Christ.  People might have their own opinion as far as why this occurs but, again, it does nothing to take away from the fact that Jesus lives in you.  Just because few people speak of it does not make it false teaching.  Perhaps instead of referring to it as the greatest gift ever given, we should refer to it as the greatest gift ever accepted?  For indeed there are those who will not accept nor realize the gift they have been given.  But God is loving, and He does not withdraw His gift offering despite the fact that one does not accept it.  His desire is that all will accept His gift and come to the knowing of God with us.  Of His Son in them.  I am thankful that my own realization of His gift to me did not go unheeded.  I do not walk this life alone, but with God with me.  


And we know and believe the love which God has in us.  God is love, and he who is remaining in love is remaining in God, and God is remaining in him. 

1 John 4: 20, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: