Sunday, January 21, 2018

His Undeniable Presence



20“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2: 20 NKJV

I had a conversaton this week with someone who had asked me to lift them in prayer over a certain situation in which they were going through.  Now, I will go through that prayer which I prayed over them some other time, but let me assure you that it wasn't your run of the mill ordinary christian prayer which you may be thinking of.  More on that later.  Anyway, as I was talking to this person he happened to mention that he had, this week, felt clsoer to God than he had felt in awhile.  I immediately knew that my own prayer had been answered.  Simple as that, when I heard him say that he somehow felt closer to God I knew that the prayer which I had lifted over him had been heeded.  That's all I was looking for.  So, what was it that had brought that feeling of the presence of the Lord upon this man?  Granted, I believe that my own prayer had something to do with the overall outcome, but there was something else going on here.  I know not of this mans christian walk, only that he had asked me to pray over him.  Now, I'm sure that he knew beforehand that I was a christian as well.  I tend to wear that on my sleeve.  One thing I do not know is just how deep his walk with Lord was.  We've talked on a few occassions, but nothing too deep and spiritual.  All I know is that he claimed that he had never felt closer to God than this week.  Well, I would be quick to point out to one such as him that he had NEVER been all that far from his his Lord and Savior.  I know this because I know the truth of Christ Jesus in my own life {Galations 2:20}.  This is why I am able to turn my back on anyone who tells me that I need to be closer to God, that I need to be more like Him.  The truth is, I already am that very image of Him.  I have always been in His presence.  I know this without doubt.

20“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who jwill believe in Me through their word;21“that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22“And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23“I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.25“O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26“And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”
John 17: 20 - 26 NKJV

I did not mention this to the man who had asked me to pray over him, but that prayer I prayed for him was that very same prayer Christ prayed for us in the garden.  This was not a prayer of provision or protection, but of union.  See, as Jesus prayed in the garden that night He lifted all believers in a prayer that we today are assured our heavenly Father has answered.  What was this prayer of Jesus?  Well, what was this conversation bewteen Him and the Father?  That we would be one with He and the Father.  That as Christ and the Father are one, that we would share in that union.  Think of all the things which Jesus could have asked for us.  It is my belief that whatever He had asked of the Father that it would have been given to Him.  He didn't ask for a new car or for more money for me, but for something far greater.  What He asked for me was that I would be one with He and the Father.  What would it profit me to gain the riches of the world yet lose my own soul? {Mark 8:36}  If you ask me, I came out ahead in that deal.  As did all who have accepted what Christ has prayed for them.  This is why I was not at all surprised this week when this man told me that he suddenly felt closer to God than he had at any other time.  Now, I'm not arrogant enough to claim that it was me who directed this man to the Lord, I simply asked Jesus to reveal to him what it was that he always had.  What will ultimately be revealed in him is that which was also revealed in my own heart.  That undeniable presence of Christ in me.

26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galations 3: 26 - 28 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: