Thursday, May 5, 2022

Claiming Jesus




 In Whom we have boldness and access with confidence, through His faith.

Ephesians 3: 12, Concordant New Testament 


Not so long ago, a good friend of mine shared with me a portion of the truth which we share in Christ.  That being the boldness of our Lord and Savior.  Now, many people may well recall from scripture those moments when Jesus Himself showed these characteristics of boldness in His life.  This same boldness which Christ exhibited can be ours as well, if we choose to proclaim it.  For what good is sharing in the boldness of Christ if we ourselves fail to realize that we indeed are partakers of all which Christ Jesus has to offer?  We do well to live by the mantra, if Christ exhibited it, we can ourselves proclaim it.  How is this even possible?  For one to recognize the attributes of Christ in themselves we must also recognize that it is Jesus Himself who is in us.  My friend likes to refer to our life in Christ as sharing in His DNA, and he is spot on about that.  The apostle Paul knew the man he was in Christ Jesus.  It is Paul who also shares with us the truth of Christ, which is Christ Jesus in us {Galatians 2:20}.  Jesus is not simply some holy, whimsical Spirit who floats up in heaven watching over us all.  No, He is actively involved in our daily lives.  It is Jesus in whom we pin our identity to.  It is Christ who chose us, not the other way around.  He chose to exhibit Himself in us.  Do you think that people today can even see Jesus?  Yes, through we who believe, the world will see Him.  He is the light of the world, shining through us, which He spoke of in Matthew {Matthew 5:14-16}.  Jesus is the light of the world spoken to us through the apostle John {John 1:5}.  It is this Jesus that we ourselves need proclaim.  We are Christ.  


Thus shine your light in front of men, so they may perceive your ideal acts and should glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 5: 16, Concordant New Testament


My friend has shared with me recently that as Christ is in me, I have the ability to exhibit the boldness of Christ as well.  Do I always choose to do that?  No.  In fact, in a recent situation I related to him that I had failed to proclaim the boldness of Christ in my life.  His response?  It's there for the choosing.  Amen!  This is the personification of Philippians 4:13.  In Christ, I can do all things.  In fact, I would take this verse in Philippians just a bit further by proclaiming CHRIST is my strength (although I believe that this is the point Paul was attempting to get across anyway).  The strength and boldness of Christ Jesus is there, if we choose to access it.  How do we choose to access the boldness of Jesus?  By believing in confidence that we indeed have it.  Why was I not able to proclaim the boldness of Christ in my own situation?  Simple, I did not believe that I could accomplish what it was I was trying to do.  My eyes were not on my faith of Christ in me, but on my own inability.  His light remained hidden within me instead of shining bright for all to see.  Can anyone else relate to this?  This doesn't mean that Jesus is not in me, only that I chose not to personify Him.  Jesus was there where He has always been, in me waiting to show the world who He is through me.  We are the ones who need to claim Jesus. 


For all am I strong in Him Who is invigorating me...Christ! 

Philippians 4: 13, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: