Friday, June 24, 2022

Me/Him

 




There is NO independent, self-operating self in the universe, except the One who calls Himself I AM {Ex 3:14} and says, "I am the Lord and there is none else, there is no God beside Me {Isa 45:5}.  

Norman Grubb ~ No Independent Self 


For some time I've been noticing a new, left influenced way for people to identify themselves.  This is through what is commonly known as pronouns.  Now, according to definition, a pronoun is a word which we often use instead of a noun or a noun phrase.  Sounds simple enough right?  Well, except when we began to institute pronouns of gender identity.  All of a sudden simple grammar becomes a statement of who it is we feel that we are.  I mention who it is that we "feel" that we are for a very important reason.  Because who it is that we might feel we are in no way resembles our own true identity.  I can feel sick or weak, but it does not take away from the man that I am.  The man that I am in no way resembles what some leftist gender mongering blowhard might say that I am.  For I am a child of God.  Granted, I don't have a monopoly on that reality either.  Which means that ALL men, women and children carry the same lineage which I do.  Our own constitution, which Democrats love to refer to only when it suits them, proclaims that ALL men were created equal.  Obviously, our founding fathers were on to something.  Scripture backs this up as well {Genesis 1:27}.  Fancy pronouns can never take away from the fact that we were lovingly created by our heavenly Father.  In fact, I believe that our list gender identity pronouns could be boiled down to just one...Him.  When we strip it all away, it is only the Father that matters.  We are created by the Father in His image.  It is the Father who breathed into His creation the breath of life {Genesis 2:7}.  Without Him, we are simply flesh without life or hope.  The belief that we can separate what God has created is, on its base, ridiculous.  Yet mankind continues in its quest to achieve individuality.  


With Christ have I been crucified, yet I am living: no longer I, but living in me is Christ.  Now that which I am now living in the flesh, I am living in faith that is of the Son of God.  Who loves me, and gives Himself up for me.

Galatians 2: 20, Concordant New Testament


What is it that we are trying to accomplish when we use pronouns to define ourselves?  At the end of the day, when we engage in such behavior, we are succumbing to the lies of the accuser.  For it is Satan who has spoken to the lie to Gods creation {Genesis 3:5}.  It is Satan who proclaims that if we follow him that we will "Be like God."  It is also Lucifer who, speaking the lie, proclaimed that he would be greater than God {Isa 14:13}.  Of course, we all know how that worked out for him.  Yet, for thousands of years after the bite of the forbidden fruit, we continue to accept the lie of the accuser, that we can somehow be independent of God.  Author Norman Grubb put it best when he claimed that there is no self-operating self in the universe save for He who calls Himself I AM {Ex 3:14}.  Think about it, all which we have or will ever have is from the Lord.  Life, love and material possessions all originate from His providence.  Think you can survive without God?  Good luck with that.  Think that you are independent of the Lord?  That all works fine and dandy up until you hit rock bottom and you're on your knees crying, "HELP ME GOD!"  God never changes, He is the same always and forever {Mal 3:6, Heb 13:8}.  We are the ones who are always changing, not God.  God does not need a dozen or so pronouns to describe Himself, He is who He is.  He...is God.


Jesus Christ, yesterday and today, is the Same One for the eons also.

Hebrews 13: 8, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: