Friday, November 24, 2023

Moments Of Improvisation

 




Major Powers ~ "Your man cheated"

Gunny Highway ~ "He improvised...he overcame!" 


It has been said that the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results.  I never really experienced this until I began my fitness journey.  Believe me, there are thousands of exercise addicts out there who deal in insanity each and every day.  They go out there and jump on their treadmills and walk/run their time away expecting things to change.  Well, cardio is a good exercise, and it certainly is a good thing.  However, it's not the be all end all of physical health.  Nutrition also has a lot to do with how our fitness journey pans out.  What does improvisation have to do with fitness anyway?  Well, on my journey I have had many forks in the road.  I have had to reevaluate my progress every so often.  If something wasn't working, I looked at what else I could be doing.  I improvised, I adapted.  I would say that improvisation is one of the keys to any fitness program.  So, this week I improvised once again.  I found that I was lacking in an area I've often struggled with, and I tweaked a few things along the way.  But what does all of this have to do with the truth of Christ Jesus?  What does improvisation have to do with knowing Him?  Well, bear with me here.  For many years I dabbled in what I will refer to as institutional church insanity.  I did the same thing over and over all the while expecting to come to know my Lord and savior.  Unfortunately, this never happened until the day that I improvised my beliefs and understanding of just who Jesus is.  Dare I say that the mainstream church deals with Jesus as He WAS.  I, on the other hand, have come to know Christ as He IS.  Jesus has never been the Savior who sits at the right hand of God watching over a sinful creation.  No, Jesus is here among us every day.  The apostle Paul referred to the truth of Christ Jesus more than a few times in his writings.  It had been revealed to Paul that he, in fact, no longer existed, but that all which remained was Christ {Galatians 2:20}.  Of course, this was not the Jesus I grew up hearing of.  


To whom God wills to make known what are the glorious riches of this secret among the nations, which is: Christ among you, the expectation of glory. 

Colossians 1: 27, Concordant New Testament 


If you have never heard the truth of Christ Jesus in you, perhaps you need to step back and improvise what you know about Him.  Most Christians have at least a basic understanding of the life and times of Christ.  Yet despite the fact that He died and rose again, the mainstream church seemingly is not interested in the modern Jesus.  That is, the truth of who He is today.  Of course, it is not Christ Jesus who has changed, but our own perception of Him {Hebrews 13:8}.  Jesus has always been just who He is.  During all of my years absorbing the mainstream church theology, Jesus was in the same place He has always been, in me.  However, my own revelation of Christ in me did not evolve until later in my life.  Like Paul before me, the Father brought forth the time in which His revelation would produce fruit {Galatians 1:15-16}.  Once I received His revelation of His Son in me through a dear friend, I indeed needed to engage in some improvisation from what I had been taught about Jesus.  A lot of things came into play.  Not only my own sin issues, but the realization of a dead guy living inside me.  And what about me?  Paul tells us that he indeed had died with Christ Jesus at the cross.  It is my belief today that I perished there as well.  What remains is Christ.  I did not learn of this truth through a sermon in church, but by the revelation of the Father.  You could say that I have overcome the theology of my early teaching.  Yeah, you could say that.  


So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by.  Lo!  There has come new! 

2 Corinthians 5: 17, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: