Monday, April 4, 2016

No Better Plan

For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak,  and it will not lie.  Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry.
Habakuk 2:3 NKJV

I'm more often than not amazed at our Lords perfect timing.  Whatever the circumstance or situation, we can rest assured that God, in His perfect timing, will once again work His will in our lives.  Notice here that I did not proclaim that God will work everything in our favor if we only ask Him.  Yes, He wiill bring each and every situation to its rightful conclusion, but according to His will and not ours.  For our thoughts are often embedded in our flesh, which can run contrary to our Lords plans.  There have been more than a few occasions where I've witnessed Gods hand in my own life, as well as that of others.  Some people call these miracles, which I guess would not be too far removed from the truth.  For how do you explain something that is unexplainable?  Still, others would refer to it as chance or blind luck.  I prefer to believe that God has His hands in everything we do.  Did not Jesus use miracles in His ministry to teach, heal and show others His fathers love?  He did not do this for any reason at all.  As our Lord is love, so was His Son whom He sent to live among us.  Many people have fallen into a false belief of a "Name it and claim it" mentality that God will give us whatever we ask if we only ask Him.   If this were only true I would have won that lottery by now.  The problem with this is I believe that it takes our Lords holy timing out of the equation entirely.  The emphasis now switches from Gods provision to what it is our flesh may desire.  James warned us of this.

You lust and do not have.  You murder and covet and cannot obtain.  You fight and war.  Yet you do not have because you do not ask.  You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.
James 4: 2-3 NKJV

A good friend of mine recently anounced that he was getting married once again to the woman he had divorced years before.  Now, unless you knew him, you would not see the transformation that our Lord had brought not only upon him, but upon her as well.  In fact, I saw NO way that these two would ever be together once again.  Fortunately for them, this was not up to me.  I believe there was no human timing that could have accomplished this.  I dare to say that this is a modern day miracle.  I am not privy to just what God worked through in the lives of His children.  All I know is that in His perfect timing, two of His children who had been seperated were brought together once again.  For those who don't know my friend, I can only explain this as Gods loving intervention.  And what of the survivors?  Those who in our Lords timing have come through disease, tragedy and strife to emerge on the other side when everything within them screamed that there was no hope?  For where man sees no way out, God seizes the opportunity to once again show that it is He whos timing is always perfect.

~Scott~

No comments: