Sunday, April 30, 2017

Risky Behavior

~Dennis, led to speak His truth to others~

14How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” 16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” 17So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10: 14 - 17 NKJV

The comment was brought up by Dennis this week that if our group doesn't show up for our Sunday morning meeting, does that in turn put others at risk?  At first I bristled at this comment as institutional thinking, but once I stepped back and thought of it I sort of saw where he was going with this.  So, are others at risk by our not being at a certain place at a certain time in order that they might hear that truth of Christ Jesus?  If this is indeed true, then there are many people headed towards damnation right about now.  I recall many conversations with Dennis about the truth to be found in Jesus.  However, if I had not been present for him to tell me this truth, would I somehow lose my salvation?  No, for I had already accepted Christ into my life.  However, I certainly would not have known the truth of Jesus.  Does this put me at risk?  Perhaps, but I doubt it.  For another conversation we have been having recently is that "God is in all."  That is, our heavenly Fathers influence is not hard to see for He has a hand in everything we see.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that everything that has occured or will ever occur is done according to His ultimate plan.  Is this pre destination?  I believe this to be the case.  Therefore, if everything is pre destined, doesn't God already have it planned out just who will receieve the truth of Christ and who will not?  Is that risky pre destination perhaps?  It is my belief that if it is in our Lords plan that one would hear the truth of Jesus, then He will provide the one to speak that into their hearts.  For God certainly provided one to speak into the hearts of others over time.  He provided one to speak the truth of Jesus to myself in His timing.

15For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 16To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things? 17For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ.
2 Corinthians 2: 15 - 17 NKJV

I love the words of the apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 2.  We are not merely "Peddlers of the word of God, as so many do."  We've all seen this type of exhuberant christian, that guy who will ask anyone and everyone he comes across if they know Jesus...if they are saved.  Indeed, I've known my share of these traveling one man salvation shows.  I have nothing against what they are doing, for in their joy of the new found love of Jesus they want nothing more than to tell others.  More power to them.  Are others at risk if these people were not around?  Maybe, but isn't Gods hand in everything we see?  If we truly believe that God is "In all" then we must rest in that knowledge that He has those who would hear His truth already set aside as well as those who would relay His truth to them.  It was God who led Dennis into my life in order that he would speak the truth of Christ Jesus into me.  I have a few other friends who God has led to speak of Himself into me as well.  Would I be in danger had they not done so?  Probably not, as I already knew the Lord.  God Himself led my own mother to speak of Him to her sons.  For this was indeed Gods leading.  He is all in all.  We cannot one minute speak that our Lord is in all that we see and in the next place the salvation of others at risk unless we are there to speak the truth of Jesus unto them.  He is all in all, the Alpha and the Omega.  It is also a truth that there will be among us those who will hear the truth of Christ and those who will refuse it, by our Lords plan.  There will also be those, who being led by Jesus will speak His truth unto others as well.  He is all in all.

23Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?” And He said to them, 24“Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25“When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26“then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27“But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’
Luke 13: 23 -27 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: