Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spirit Killers

Choose Wisely

13Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 14But if you have bitter envy and hself-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. 15This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. 17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
James 3: 13 - 17 NKJV

I ran into someone this week who I had not seen for some time.  Although happy in our reunion, he was also more than a little discouraged about recent events in his own life.  I didn't press him too much for details, but he let me know enough that he was indeed had been in the midst of spiritual warfar for awhile.  It seems that a few coworkers had been riding him pretty hard and this had him feeling low.  Not only that, a few of his so called christian friends had taken to having a little fun with him at times.  Now, I'm sure that these friends of his would never realize the damage which they were doing in my friends life, but he was obiously much concerned about it to tell me how it made him feel.  I've dealt with more than a few of these people in my own life, spirit killers I call them.  For if we are indeed fighting a battle being waged in the heavens, then we also have spirit forces raging against us {Ephesians 6:12}.  Now, the problem we ultimately face with spirit killers is that they themselves are being used as pawns by our true enemy.  It is this which we need to keep in mind whenever we should become discouraged at the behavior of those among us.  It is the enemy who wanders among us seeking whom he can devour in all he does {1 Peter 5:8}.  So even though we may become discouraged and upset at those among us who are indeed spirit killers in their own right, it is not they themselves who are fighting this war against us.  This is the truth of that spiritual warfare we all face daily.

12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of cthe darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6: 12 - 13 NKJV

The one thing which I told my friend is that the very same people, christian of non christian, who were troubling him were the very same people who perhaps did not realize what it is they were doing by their own actions.  Hey, I've been there myself.  By my own actions I have done my part to bring others down.  I've been a spirit killer.  The point is that I didn't need to be, I chose to be.  If there is one thing which is unique about our heavenly Fathers human creation is that we were each created with that ability to choose.  In this we are unique in our creation.  Yes, we are created in our Lords own image, and I believe that this ability to choose is unique to Him as well.  So, what will we choose?  Will we choose to bring the joy of Christ Jesus who is in us unto those around us {Galations 2:20}?  Or, will we choose to fight that heavenly battle on the oppostite side of good and be spirit killers?  Whichever we choose, we can rest assured that our choices will indeed affect those around us.  Keep in mind that others around us may never see Jesus if He does not show Himself through us.  So, who is it that you will exemplify?  Who is it that we will reveal through our own choices?  Sure, we can call ourselves christians, but this is but a man made term anyway.  Or, we can call ourselves Christ Jesus in whose image we were created and who lives through us today.  All that we do, experience and accomplish we do...as Jesus.  This is exactly why I don't get too wrapped up in those who others describe lovingly as christians.  Christianity is but a man made religion and thus will follow the edicts of man.  If we truly wish to be described as someone whose heart loves and follows Jesus then call us as we are...Jesus.  Who will we choose to exemplify?

~Scott~

No comments: