Thursday, November 3, 2022

Lies He Told Me

 




Those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature, who is blessed for the eons!  Amen! 

Romans 1: 25, Concordant New Testament 


I originally had planned to make this post about baggage.  More specifically, the emotional baggage which we all carry with us as a result of past experiences.  Hurts, emotional wounds, we all have experienced these lies at one time or another.  For much of my life, I have struggled with the truth of who it is that I really am.  Only recently have I come to know Jesus in a way where I understand that I am not the man who the world has been trying so hard to convince me that I am.  The lies have ranged from my identity being tied to my physical appearance to what I believe in.  Nowhere, in the worlds way of thinking, was I that precious child of God I was created to be.  No, for the world had other plans for me.  People wanted to be sure that I knew just who I was.  For quite a few years, this was the emotional baggage I carried with me.  The toll it took on my life was not good at all.  Depression and low self-worth haunted me from time to time.  Accepting positive comments became a struggle.  These were the lies he told me.  So, you ask, who is he?  Well, he is the same one who has spread the lie of every single false image that we have ever had of ourselves.  He is the one who instituted the lie that, in the aftermath of our own sin, that we would be exactly like God {Genesis 3:5-6}.  He is none other than Satan our accuser.  What the accuser has done to me is nothing new, he's been at it since before time began.  It was Lucifer who conceived in himself the lie that he could be as God {Isaiah 14:14}.  Indeed, if Lucifer was arrogant enough to conceive the lie that he could be as great as God, then he was certainly capable of deceiving us with that very same lie.  That lie of the accuser, spoken to Eve in the garden, started mankind down, as they say, the highway to hell.  For what Satan accomplished by speaking the lie to Adam and Eve was to introduce sin into Gods creation.  Contrary to what the accuser may have thought, however, this was not the end of our relationship with the Father, but the beginning of our relationship with Christ Jesus.  


Because knowing God, not as God do they glorify or thank Him, but vain were they made in their reasonings, and darkened in their unintelligent heart. 

Romans 1: 21, Concordant New Testament 


One question I've asked myself over and over is why is it so damn easy to accept the lie of the accuser than the truth of Jesus.  The lies of the accuser tell us that we are fat, lazy, scared and incapable of being loved by anyone.  These are the lies we all too often willingly accept.  These are the lies I believed about myself.  Although I knew God, I was deceived by the lies of the accuser.  So, what changed?  How did I come to know the truth of who it is I really am?  I was introduced to Jesus for the very first time in my life.  The moment I came to know Jesus I began to see the contrast between the truth of Christ and the lies of the accuser.  Jesus spoke to me what I knew in my heart, that I had been lovingly created by my heavenly Father.  The words of Jesus were not meant to tear down, but to reveal the truth of what God desires we know.  It is the desire of the Father that we would be reconciled to Him {John 17:21}.  I see the beginning of our relationship with Jesus to be in the aftermath of the lie spoken by Satan in the garden.  Because it is here where God desires that we realize our need for Him.  The Lords punishment did not carry over across the eons.  It is through Christ Jesus that He brings His children unto Him once again.  I mentioned that my own self image changed when I came to know Jesus in a deeper way.  The apostle Paul speaks to this in Galatians.  The reason that I see through the lies of the accuser is because of the revelation that I...am Jesus {Galatians 2:20}.  I'm no longer that guy who the world tried so hard to convince me that I was.  In fact, I never was.  What I am is the living embodiment of Christ Jesus who is in me.  That's something the accuser never told me.  


With Christ have I been crucified, yet I am living: no longer I, but living in me is Christ.  Now that which I am now living in the flesh, I am living in faith that is of the Son of God, who loves me and gives Himself up for me.

Galatians 2: 20, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 

No comments: