Saturday, February 24, 2024

Dream Killers

 






The thief is not coming except that he should be stealing and sacrificing and destroying.  I came that they may have life eonian, and have it superabundantly. 

Johns Account 10: 10, Concordant New Testament 


Have you ever experienced someone who, despite your feelings to the contrary, feels it necessary to rain on your parade?  Unfortunately, the world is full of these so called dream killers.  Through a recent situation I have myself been witness to these brethren.  I have been led to pray and trust in my situation, which I understand.  However, one of the first pieces of advice I received was "Was that what God really said to you?"  Hello?  If it was spoken to me then I believe in my heart that the Father meant me to hear and understand it.  I was led to a certain passage, only to have a fellow brethren question the context of the scripture I was reading.  Now, granted, people have misconstrued the scriptures for thousands of years, yet I believe that the Lord has a purpose when He leads us to a certain passage.  We know that scripture is not only the word of the Lord, but the evolution of the truth of Christ Jesus in us {Paul To The Galatians 2:20}.  I believe that it is entirely possible that the Father will put on our hearts a certain passage to speak to us what He wants us to hear.  I also believe that dream killers will question the context and meaning of such a passage.  In the end, how someone else interprets a certain passage has no bearing on the word the Father has given especially to us in our circumstances.  We are also advised to seek wise council in things involving our faith.  It is here where I believe that a lot of us get tripped up.  For there are times where WISE council is nothing more than someone's opinion of how they feel about something.  However, when we seek the council of another and it is spoken unto our hearts that the advice is for our benefit, it is a wonderful thing.  Fortunately, I have been blessed with more than a few such brethren in my life.  It is these men of God I can trust to give me an honest opinion of what the Father is attempting to speak to my heart.  For that I am grateful.  So, what is it we are to do when we feel that the Father has laid a message upon our hearts?  Well, I believe that as we live in Christ as Paul proclaimed, we also have the Father in us.  Knowing the truth of our relationship with the Father can help us keep the dream killers at bay.  


Yet at the same time they are learning to be idle also, wandering about the homes.  Yet not only are they idle, but gossips also, and meddlers, speaking what they must not. 

Paul To Timothy (1) 5: 13, Concordant New Testament 


Honestly, most Christians see their relationship with the Father as one of being separated from God.  This is born of the lie of the deceiver spoken to Adam and Eve in the garden {Genesis 3:4-6}.  Eve was instructed by the serpent that if she took of the forbidden fruit that she would "Become like God."  I'm assuming that Eve did not seek the council of Adam, but simply offered the fruit to him.  Satan, the ultimate dream killer, had landed the first blow.  As a result, many of Gods children continue to believe that they are somehow locked out of His graces because of the sin of the first couple.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  The truth is that Christ Jesus gave of Himself that we would be free of sins penalty {Paul To The Corinthians (2) 5:21}.  Paul also proclaims that it is Christ in whom we now dwell {Paul To The Galatians 2:20, Paul To The Colossians 1:27}.  Jesus has proclaimed that when we look upon Him, we see the Father as well {Johns Account 14:7}.  Why is all of this so important?  Because not only is this the truth of our relationship with God, but what is at the heart of what is spoken unto us.  If we have the Father in us, I believe wholeheartedly that He is able to speak to us in a way which we will understand.  In addition, if we are to seek wise council, I believe that the Father is also willing and able to speak that same word He desires us to hear through another.  It can often be difficult to differentiate the personal opinions of the dream killers from the spoken words put on our hearts by God.  Yet if know and trust in Him, we will recognize the Fathers voice in us.  


If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.  And henceforth you have known Him and have seen Him.

Johns Account 14: 7, Concordant New Testament 


~Scott~ 



No comments: