Sunday, March 13, 2016

Dead From The Start

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20  NKJV

For some time a good friend of mine has been driving home in me a pretty important biblical truth.  This truth may sound simple.  Jesus Christ in me.  However, many of us miss this point in scripture.  I was one of those.  It is indeed a hard concept to wrap our thoughts around, the fact that we no longer exist, that part of us has been replaced somehow.  Personally, I don't remember this happeninng.  However, there it is in scripture in Galations 2:20, a verse I've poured over alot in the past few months.  When I look at this apart from my world view, I can see the truth that I've been shown.  That Jesus, having been crucified on the cross, Himself replaced the sin spirit that was within me from the fall.  Now, I wasn't there at the fall either, but the consequences of Adam and Eves disobedience were mine to carry nonetheless.  These are the same consequences that each of  us carried with us, until the willing sacrafice of Jesus changed that dynamic forever.

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 NKJV

Now, as if to add more confusion to this topic, it has been brought to my attention that I died long ago!  Yeah, you can see how one would have trouble accepting this.  However, when we meditate on just what has happened, we can begin to see the big picture.  We know that our Lord is fully omniscient, able to see everything past, present and future.  In fact, scripture tells us that God is the "Alpha and Omega," the first and the last.  For He has been from the begining and will remain the last one standing in the end.  Knowing this, is it that far of a stretch to say that our Lord predestined everything to happen?  From the good to the not so good, Gods plan has been in effect from begining.  For He meant for us to sin in the garden AND for His own son to become sin inn our place so that we would once again be in fellowship with Him.

"Where were you when I layed the foundations of the earth?  Tell me, if you have understanding.  Who determined its measurements?  Surely you know!  Or who stretched the line upon it?  To what were its foundations fastened?  Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?  Or who shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth and issued from the womb; When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band; When I fixed My limit for it, And set bars and doors; When I said, "This far you may come, but no further, And here your proud waves must stop!"  Have you commanded the morning since your days began, And caused the dawn to know its place?
Job 38: 4-12 NKJV

Near the end of the book of Job we see something well worth mentioning here.  For Job, the afflicted, has questioned Gods motives in his life.  See, ol' Job had it all, then suddenly lost almost all of it.  You and I know that it was satan who first questioned Gods provision over Job, not Job himself.  However, as we often do, Job only saw what was taking place in front of him.  In the minds of his wife and three friends, God was punishing Job.  However, despite all that happened, Job did not curse God, despite his wife asking him to do so.  It is here, near the end of book of Job where God submits his answer to those who questioned his motives.  Really, Job?  Were you there when I laid the foundations of the earth?  Were you there when I created all?  The answer, obviously, is no.
I bring this up for one reason, that we may see God for who He is.  Not the fire and brimstone punisher found in the old testament, but the very same God who loved us enough to save us!  As God worked behind the scenes in the life of His servant Job, so he does with us today.  For everything that happens and HAS happpened is all according to His holy plan.  Did He know I would be born into sin before I was even born?  Of course, and I trust him in that He knows what He's doing.  For who am I to question the creator of the universe?

~Scott~

No comments: