Thursday, June 2, 2016

Near To Me, Jesus

"A little while  longer and the world will see me  no more, but you will see me.  Because I live, you will live also.  At that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.  He who has my comandments and keeps them, it is he who loves me.  And he who loves  me will be loved by my Father,  and I will love him and manifest myself to him.
John 14: 19-21 NKJV

You knew me even before I was born.  It was then that you chose me unto yourself, that I may spend my eternity in your presence.  I was born into sin, but instead of condemning me, you took my sin upon yourself.  Your love pours over me each and every day.  My very worst day is just one more chance for me to draw closer to you.  And yet it is not just in those bad times where I long for a closer walk with you, but each and every morning I awake to thoughts of you.  No greater love has a man than to give his life for his friend, but I am much more than that to you.  For friendships can be as temporary as the moment in which they were formed.  But you have known me as much more than your friend, you have known me as your child.  When my father left me feeling empty, you took me into your arms and declared to all  that you were my true Father.  When  my earth bound father forsook me, you have promised to never leave me.  The world around me may proclaim me wicked and lost, but you have proclaimed me righteous.  I may be mocked and ridiculed for placing my trust in you, but you have promised to never put me to shame.  I am in debt for all that you have done for me, yet all that you have ever asked of me is that I believe.

The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Colossions 1: 26-27 NKJV

My citizenship is what makes me unique.  For I am not only a resident of this world, but I have received the inheritance which you promised to those who trust in you.  What others have seen as a mystery, I now see as the greatest gift I've ever received.  For you are not simply a ghostly spirit hovering over me while I walk through this world.  If this were true, then I would truly be alone on my journey.  But you have not left me as an orphan.  Instead, you have gathered me unto yourself as the Good Shepherd who guides His flock.  I have known your voice, and I have followed that call which you placed upon my heart.  When I was lost, you loved me enough to offer yourself in my place.  Now, instead of guilt, I have known your forgiveness.  Others may seek you half heartedly, not yet knowing the gift which you long to give them.  In my heart I am grateful that I've known a closer walk with you.  I live not for myself, but through you, Lord.

~Scott~

No comments: