Friday, July 29, 2016

All Of Our Yesterdays

The only easy day was yesterday
~U.S. Navy SEAL's~

What benefit is to be found in looking towards tomorow?  For tomorow brings only uncertainty.  Today, however, brings only that which we are familiar with.  Oh, we may often await the arrival of the morning sun, but fear the challanges of  the new day.  Each new day brings upon us its own worries, cares and responsibilities.  However, in today we are at ease with what we have become familiar with.  The challanges which face us are still afar off in a distant tomorow.  Such is often our outlook of the future.  Is it no wonder that others warn of the "Challanges" of tomorow as we celebrate the comforts of today?  It's  the future, it's the unknown.  Such is the case for those who hear of the good news of Christ Jesus and yet do not heed His call upon their hearts.  For those who have not known Jesus, to open ones heart to Him is akin to entering the unknown.  For this current life, with all of our troubles and turmoil, must be more acceptable to a unknown future with Christ.  For Jesus promises peace and freedom from this very world which we have become so accustomed to.  The trouble with this is, we are so used to the surroundings of this world around us, that relying on anything else seems like a unfounded belief.  Not to mention the fact of relying on something we cannot see!  One of the most difficult hurdles for me to conquer in my journey of knowing Christ Jesus was simply that, to trust in the unseen.  I can trust in that which surrounds me, for I am surrounded by it daily.  The tree in the wilderness, the oceans roar, all of those parts of our Lords creation which I can touch and feel are real to me.  In these I rejoice daily.  This Christ Jesus saying, "Follow me," I could not comprehend.

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"  So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."  He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"  Simon Peter answered and said, "Youu are the Christ, the Son of the living God."  Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My father who is in heaven.  And I say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.  And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose onn earth will be loosed in heaven."
Matthew 16: 13-19 NKJV

To many, trusting in Jesus is as dark of territory as the unknown tomorow.  And so we continue on in our lives of today.  We've heard of the stories of the love and compassion of Jesus, but these tell only part of the story.  While it is true that Jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins past, present and future, He also put to death that part of us which was born into sin.  For when Jesus died, our "Old man," our sin spirit we were born in to perished also.  Gone are the days of condemnation and guilt.  Gone are all of our yesterdays!  For those who make that leap to trust in Jesus, what we now share is our life through Him.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

In knowing Jesus, we no longer need fear the unknowns of tomorow for we face it through Christ who is in us.

~Scott~


No comments: