Saturday, July 30, 2016

Christ Our Choice

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Fathers house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.  And where I go you know, and the way you know."  Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going, and how can we know the way?"  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.  "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him and have seen Him."  Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficent for us."  Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip?  He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'show us the Father'?  "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?  The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells  in Me does tthe works.  Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves."
John 14: 1-11 NKJV

It is a interesting situation, those who claim to believe in God yet struggle in their belief of Christ Jesus.  Perhaps God is too big not to believe in?  For from the begining we read that God was there from the start.  But many struggle with the idea that Jesus was there with God from the start as well.

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the begining with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Hm was life, and the life was the light of men.  And the light shines in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
John 1: 1-5 NKJV

As Jesus tells Philip in John 14 that "I am in the Father, and the Father in me."  It seems that the disciples of Jesus themselves had difficulty understanding this concept.  However, if there is one thing that needs be known it is that we can choose to trust in Christ Jesus or not.  The disciples of Christ chose to follow Him when He beckoned.  We also are faced with that very same choice.  For if we believe in God, we will eventually run smack into the very truth of Jesus.  If we trust in God, then must we also place our trust in Christ Jesus who is in Him?  For if we seperate the two, we make the mistake of missing out on what our Lord has to offer each of us.  It may be difficult for us to accept outright, but it is a loving God who ultimately gives His children a choice whether they will follow Him or not.  For if we ignore all that surrounds us and trust in one which we cannot even see, we are stepping out in true faith.  Many of us choose to believe in God, yet stumble in this very same belief of Jesus.  It is not good enough to choose to believe in God and yet ignore Christ, for they are one in the same.

"I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as you, Father, are in Me, and I in you; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that you sent Me.  And the glory which you gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one; I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.  Father, I desire that they also whom you gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; For You loved Me before the foundation of the world.  O righteous Father!  The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that you sent Me.  And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
John 17: 20-26 NKJV

As Christ Jesus tells His disciples in John 14, "Believe in God, believe also in Me."  If we are to believe in our Lord in heaven, it must also be our belief in Him whom He sent to be the propitiation of our sins.  There is no dividing line between God and Christ, if we believe in one we must accept both.  For it is our Lords desire that all of His children would come to the saving knowledge of His Son.  Choose wisely.

~Scott~

No comments: