Friday, September 15, 2017

Bloodline



26Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 1: 26 - 27 NKJV

There has been alot of interest lately among a good many people in ancestry websites.  Those websites which in a matter of minutes can tell someone almost all they needed to know about their heritage.  A few of my coworkers, out of curiosity, decided to see just where they came from.  One was surprised at his apparent german heritage.  After my mom passed, I did some research into my parents family roots and just how I fit in.  I have always known that I have Finnish heritage, but I was curious of the generations which had passed before me.  My own mother had mentioned her parents, but I had been too young to remember meeting them.  So it is that my own bloodline stretches from both of my parents through the generations.  Perhaps one of these days I will endeavor to dig a bit deeper into my heritage.  For now I'm good.  But why all of this sudden interest in our own heritage?  Why that desire to ultimately know where it is that we come from?  Granted, my own parents would often regale me with those stories of old.  Stories of how it was when I was younger.  I am not so old that I don't remember many of those events, but my parents all too often gave me a different perspective on what I remember.  This was, and is, who I am.  While it's all fine and good to know just where it is that we come from, I also feel that it is equally important to realize where it is that we originated.  For we may be flesh and blood, but there is indeed another part of our bloodline that we very seldom look at.  I didn't until it was revealed to me.  Yes, I am Scott, born of my parents and forever a part of my families history.  However, I also belong to a far more important bloodline, one that I share with my fellow man.  While I may have been born into my earthly family, it is through that bloodline I share with Christ Jesus where my true heredity lies.

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
Romans 8: 14 - 17 NKJV

I am prepared that I just might receieve some backlash from more than a few christians and others over this statement.  Oh Scott, how could your bloodline originate from that sinless man who never even knew a woman?  Well, listen closely, as it is by my heavenly Father from where we originated, then it is definately by Him that my heritage belongs.  I think we may all agree that it is our heavenly Father who ultimately breathed into us all that breath of life so long ago{Genesis 2:7}.  So, where does Jesus fit into this equation?  Well, it is through and for Christ Jesus that all that we see was originally created {John 1: 1-5}.  I feel that we might also agree that it is Christ Jesus who is the very image of our invisible God whom we serve{Colossions 1:15}.  Therefore, my own bloodline originates with Christ Jesus.  While it is true that the Spirit of Christ lives through me today, it is also true that His very DNA is within me {Galations 2:20}.  What better genetics could one desire?  For I have not only been declared a child of God, but a heir to Him as well.  I am just one part of His legacy which has been handed down for generations.  From Adam, Abraham and Moses to Christ Jesus, my own bloodline stretches across many generations.  I don't think I will need ancestry website in order to realize that fact.

1Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of aGod! Therefore the world does not know bus, because it did not know Him. 2Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
1 John 3: 1 - 2 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: