Thursday, September 14, 2017

Strange Days



47When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and implored Him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death. 48Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.” 49The nobleman said to Him, “Sir, come down before my child dies!” 50Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your son lives.” So the man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him, and he went his way. 51And as he was now going down, his servants met him and told him, saying, “Your son lives!”
John 4: 47 - 51 NKJV

I got that feeling once again this morning.  That feeling that spoke to my heart that said that everything would be ok.  To be honest, this past week was a rather hectic one with the everyday chores of life but also with the added thoughts of a possible career change.  Nonetheless, the feeling came over me this morning that despite the chaos around me that all would continue to be well.  Now, I can't explain this feeling except by the workings of Christ Jesus who is in me {Galations 2:20}.  I've had this feeling before, but I must admit that it's been awhile.  It was a a strange day indeed.  This past week our group tossed about that question of just how we communicate with God.  How does God communicate with His children?  Well, we're told that in days of old that God certainly would talk to His children through visions and dreams.  Are we to believe that all of that has changed for some reason?  I don't believe so.  In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the very reason by which I proclaimed this a strange day was in fact due to my Lords communication with me.  This wasn't through any vision or dream, just that reminder in my spirit that He was on the scene and that He had this.  Ok, now what?  What are we to do when our heavenly Father reminds us that He is laying claim to whatever it is that is troubling our hearts?  Well, I believe that we just might do as I did and accept His proclamation as truth and live our lives free of the stress and worries that these thoughts had brought upon us.  I believe that Jesus had a very good reason for telling those in His presence that day not to worry {Matthew 6:27}.  What good has worry ever brought us?  Indeed, the stresses of worrying can and do bring about many physical ailments.  That ages old phrase of "worrying yourself sick" could not be more true.  So it is that Jesus warns us against worrying.

1God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged eour sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Hebrews 1: 1- 4 NKJV

Many a time have I sat through a sunday sermon where the pastor would proclaim that we all needed to tune in our senses in order that we might hear what it was that God was trying to tell us.  Like some favorite tv episode of the walking dead, if we somehow missed what He was trying to tell us, we may not get another chance.  I don't buy that for a minute.  I believe that if there is something which God needs to tell His children, that the creator of all which we see will certainly find a way to let us know what He wants us to know.  I mean, wouldn't that be just like God?  What kind of a loving Father would withhold something of vital importance from His children?  No, if God truly wants us to know what is on His mind, He will let us know.  After all, we need not look too far to at all to find Him right?  For if Christ lives through us today as the apostle Paul proclaimed, then we need not look very far in order to hear the words of our Father in heaven.  We do not need to be more like Jesus, closer to Him or tithe until it hurts in order to gain favor with Him.  That original image in which we were all created guarantees that we have His very DNA within us {Genesis 1:27}.  Our bloodline stretches from God down through each generation through our own.  As He created us, so it is that He will ALWAYS be a part of us.  It is for this very reason that I believe in my own heart that He spoke His reassurance to me this morning that He had everything in control.  While I may see a world swirling in chaos all around me, God smiles and gently tells me "I got this."

~Scott~

No comments: