Saturday, September 30, 2017

Self Rule



2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not acomprehend it.
John 1: 2 - 5 NKJV

You'd think that I would have figured it out by now.  I mean, if there is one thing that we continue to suggest is that we, ourselves and all that is around us, was created by our heavenly Father from the very begining.  In fact, He is adamant in His admission of His deity as He claims that God is indeed the Alpha and the Omega, the begining and the end of all {Revelation 22:13}.  That includes all which we see around us...and ourselves as well.  So, as I experienced once again this week, that notion that we somehow are and can be independent of God is a lie of the most giant proportions.  This is the very same lie that satan used in his vain attempt to usurp God and become himself like the the most high {Isaiah 14: 14}.  It is the very same lie perpetrated by satan in the garden when he claimed that Eve could be seperate and independent from her creator {Genesis 3:4-5}.  For if the woman were to disobey God, she would become "like" God and knowing good from evil.  This is the lie which he continues to wave in front of each and every one of us even today.  Despite my knowledge of all that I am and all that I have become, this is that very same lie which I fell victim to this week.  In that split second, my own needs took priority over all that I already knew of who I am.  See, despite all within me that cries out that I need to go my seperate way and take charge of all which is around me, the fact remains that there is nothing I will ever find which does not have the fingerprints of the Alpha and the Omega on it.  Indeed, God created all and is in all.  I can no more seperate myself from God than I can from my own body.  Everything I am or ever will be is in His control.

7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Genesis 2: 7 NKJV

There is some truth to that ceremonial chant men have recited at the end of the life cycle for generations...ashes to ashes and dust to dust.  For it is from dust which I came and it is to dust that my physical shell at least will return.  Fortunately, that need not be our fate.  Indeed, our heavenly Father has assured us that through Christ Jesus the end of our life in this world is but the begining of our time in His presence.  Now, if I was truly independent of God why do I continue to come into His presence to seek His help, wisdom and guidance?  Am I, as a independent being, not able to provide these for myself?  This is one of the glaring inconsistencies of satans lie.  He continues to urge us onward in our independance from God, yet our hearts time and again draw us closer to Him.  It would seem that despite the lie of the enemy, that we know the truth in our own hearts.  I would suggest that independance is in our very flesh nature, which in turn conflicts with what our heavenly Father has for us.  My friend asked me this week if I was going to continue to let my self rule the conversation.  I did, at least for a short time.  Suddenly I was the alpha and the omega dictating the terms of my own life...FREEDOM!  Yet in my heart I longed to return to the way things had been.  Something in my independent self was drawing me back to the God of my own heart.  Of course, I knew that He had never left me in the first place but was calling me home once again.

20“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

~Scott~

No comments: