Monday, December 14, 2015

A Mutual Understanding

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and go  and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13 NKJV

I've always wanted to have a personal conversation with God.  Yes, many will say that it's possible to have a conversation with God any time we wish, but this is different.  I want a face to face conversation with my creator.  I want someone that I can see, hear and speak to.  Is this too much to ask?  The bible says that when we seek God out, that we will find him.  It can't be all too hard of a task, right?  I mean, isn't God always there with us?

In the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the begining with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
John 1: 1-4 NKJV

So, what would my conversation with God be like?  Well, I've thought about it alot and I've come to the conclusion that God and I need to come to a mutual understanding.  See, even though I've been redeemed by the love and mercy of God, this earthly vessel that Jesus now inhabits still desires to have it's own way.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing goood dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.  For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Romans 7: 18-19 NKJV

Remember Paul?  Yeah, that guy who was brought to his knees by Jesus, on the road to Damascus that day.  By his own admission, Paul was "chief" of the worlds sinners.  And why wouldn't he feel this way, he was one of the main persecutors of the early church.  Yet, despite all the wickedness that Saul had directed at his church, Jesus loved Saul enough to wash away his transgressions.  My conversation with God is going to be a difficult one for sure. So, in my quiet time, which is not very often these days, I call to him.
God, thank you for thinking so much of your child that you would see through me to see there is good in me, even though at times I doubt it myself.  From the begining of time, you held close the plans that you have for me.  When others doubted and ridiculed me, you held me close.  When I felt alone and abandoned, you assured me that you were near.  Most of all, when this vessel that your son Jesus now inhabits desired to go it's own way, you waited patiently for me to return to you.  There will never be a greater love than this, that you would give your very life for me!  So God, that brings me to my question.  You, more than anyone, know the heart of your child.  So I'm asking, Lord God, if we can have a mutual understanding you and I.  Rather than a bet, for who would be foolish enough to wager against the Lord?  No, this is simply a mutual understanding between us.  I will continue to attempt to live each day that you give me in your presence.  In return, please realize that, even though your son lives within me, this earthly vessel will wander at times.

~Scott~

No comments: