Monday, December 21, 2015

Who Am I, God?

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

I think I've found a new weapon to use against our enemies.  That weapon is low self esteem!  We've all had run in with this dastardly demon in one form or another at some  point.  Think about it, how good would a group of terrorists be if they walked around worrying if they were good enough to carry out their mission?  How good would a foreign army be if they walked in fear that they were garbage, never good enough!  I tell you, the morale of such a fighting force would be lower than a democrats morals.  Now, how effective are people who face each day feeling that they are garbage?  I can speak from experience on this issue, I WAS one of those people.  I faced many of the demons that so many others around me have.  That loop in my head was always on continuos playback...you're no goood, nobody likes you, you're a fake christian, you're too fat, you'll never amount to anything, yada yada yada.  I admit, I ultimately convinced myself that I was indeed no good!  How could God love a person like me?  In fact, it is because of Gods love for me that Jesus came to redeem me!

For we do  not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4:15 NKJV

In Hebrews 4:15 we can see that Jesus does understand whatever it is we are dealing with.  See, Christ came to earth as flesh, God in human form.  Therefore, those same troubles and worries that we are going through, Jesus dealt with them also.

When He had come to his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works?  Is this not the carpenter's son?  Is not his mother called Mary?  And his brothers James, Joses, Simon and Judas?  And his sisters, are they not all with us?  Where then did this man get all these things?"
Matthew 13: 54-56

It seems that Jesus was not appreciated by the people in the town he was raised in.  This man with a message for the salvation of all mankind was denied by many.  So, you still think you have problems?  Not only was our Lord rejected, but beaten, scourged and finally crucified.  I have news for you people, your worst day CANNOT compare to the punishment that Jesus endured!  Did your best friend forget your birthday?  It's better than being whipped and beaten.  Did someone tell you today that you were worthless?  They did just that to Jesus, and worse.
One thing that Jesus NEVER had to do is wonder, "who am I God?"  He knew his own identity.  Ephesians 2:10 also assures us of  our identity.  We are not the unworthy people that we continually try to convince ourselves we are.  God didn't create anything "unworthy" in his own image!  We can rest assured that God see's us as his beloved children.

~Scott~

No comments: