Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Its About Time

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.  And because you are sons, God has sent forth the spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"  Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Galations 4: 4-7 NKJV

There are plenty of passages in scriptue about the Lords timing.  Amonng those is Galations 4:4, which tells us that God sent forth his Son Jesus to redeem us...in the fullness of time.  God could have certainly hatched his plan for our redemption much earlier, but this was his timing and not ours.  That's usually the way it works it seems, I'll be waiting for a word, a whisper, an answer, something from God.  Usually, the longer it is I  wait, the more anxious I become, it's our nature.  As I become more anxious, the more I feel God is not working, that my Heavenly Father has somehow abandoned me.  Again, I'm thinking that's our nature.  We've been spoiled into expecting results in a microwave speed world.  Patience doesn't seem to work too well with me at times.  Our God doesn't work that way.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord  one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter 3: 8-9 NKJV

Yes, God could have fulfilled his redemption plan earlier, but how many souls would have been lost as a result?  Yes, God could have responded to my calls earlier, but would I have seen where he was leading me had he done that?  Not only is a thousand years as one day to our Lord, but his timing is by far better than ours.  Can I deny that my human clock is inferior to God's who can see everything past, present and future?  After all, my own track record for having bad timing is pretty good so far.  How can I say that my timing is better than the creator of all the universe?

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?  Tell me, if you have understanding.  Who determined its measurements?  Surely you know!  Or who stretched the line upon it?  To what were its foundations fastened?  Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?  Or who shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth and issued from the womb; When I made the clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band; When I fixed my limit for it, And set bars and doors; When I said, "This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!"
Job 38: 4-10 NKJV

The title for the begining of Job 38 in my bible states "The Lord Reveals His Omnipitance To Job."  Here's Job who, when satan comes calling one day, God introduces him as "My servant Job."  A man who scripture describes as upright and blameless.  We all know the story of Job as one of Gods restoration of a faithfull Job and his family.  However, Jobs councel in the midst of his trial was hardly uplifting, for even his beloved wife urged him to "Curse God and die!"  It is in answer to Jobs' companions questions concerning his God that we get the wisdom of Job 38.  As Jobs companions questioned God, God now questions Job in a huge way.  I love Job 38 for those times when I have questioned Gods timing or efforts, which is usually the result of my own impatience.  As God questioned Job, my impatience leads him to inquire of me as well.  Where was Scott when God layed the foundations of the world?  Surely he knows?  Humbly, I accept that my impatience cannot and will not promote my Lord to work any faster.  For it is because of his love for me that his perfect timing is brought forth, in the fullness of time.

~Scott~

No comments: