Sunday, October 4, 2015

Created To Fail

But God demonnstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 NKJV

If there was ever a radical concept to christianity, this is it.  I think most of us agree that our Lord God is the undisputed creator of all things seen and unseen.  We are assured of this in the book of Genesis.  Fine, we can agree that God created the world, universe, etc. in six days.  We also know that mankind was created in Gods very own image.   Despite being created in Gods very own image, I was born with the stain of sin.  What a way to start out!  However, 1 John 3 assures us of part of Gods perfect plan.

For is our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart,  and knows all things.
1 John 3:20 NKJV

So, even before God created me, he knew I would be born into sin!  Why even create something if you already know it is flawed?  Why not just start all over from the begining and make the perfect creation?  I know that's what I'd be thinking...if I were God.  However, as the scripture reads Gods thoughts are not our thoughts, and his ways are not our ways.   That's why people suck at trying to be God.  So, even though we were created and born into sin, God still breathed life into us.  Instead of having us live under condemnation, however, God  in his love for us provided a hope.  That hope was given to us when Jesus was crucified at Calvary.  So guess what, not only did God know beforehand that we would fail miserably, his love for us has assured us that the stain of sin would not define us.  Does that sound like a angry God to you?  Romans 5:8 assures us of Gods love in a big way.  Yes, I was born into sin, but I serve a God who loved me enough to redeem me.  There is no greater love than that.

~Scott~

2 comments:

Dennis Deardorff said...

Sounds like you have had a revelation! Yes!

Scotts Page said...

I'm learning Dennis :)