Saturday, October 31, 2015

Rejected

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the spirit of adoption by who we cry out, "Abba, Father."  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
Romans 8: 15-17 NKJV 

I know more than a few things about rejection, about feeling rejected.  From weight issues to a wounded self confidence, I've had my share of rejection.  Ultimately, this led to my shutting myself off from others.  I mean, who needs that pain, right?  It was easier for me to withdraw than it was to realize that all of these feelings simply weren't true.  I don't think there are too many of us who have never felt rejection at one time or another.  Sometimes, self confidence in ourselves is one of the most difficult things we can ever aquire.  Why is that?  To what can we attribute these feelings of inferiority?  Well, for one thing, I think we need to realize that they are just that...feelings.  As a friend of mine recently said, feelings are not based on fact.  Trust me, there's no shortage of people out there who can wound our feelings.  Are we to accept everything that they claim about us as truth?  The logical answer would be a loud NO!  However, we still fall victim to those feelings of inferiority,  I know I do.  Why is it that we accept these suggestions from people?  Trust me, it's a question I've asked myself many times over.  
As far as I know, there's nowhere in the bible that says that we're not worth anything to God.  On the contrary, God tells us time and again that he loves and cherishes us, his creation.  In fact, he loved us so much that, despite our sin nature, he sent his son to give his life for us.  Does that sound like God has no  need for us?  Yet, those voices are still out there.  And we listen to them.  So, if these suggestions are not based on fact, where do they originate from?  

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
1 Peter 5:8 NKJV

Sound familiar?  Most christians are fully aware that satan is up to no good when it comes to Gods people.  So, would it be beyond satans reach to fill us with those voices of inferiority?  I don't think so.  I think that we can safely assume that these feelings will never come from God.  That wouldn't be showing his love and grace too well.  I've found that the some of the most confident people I've come across simply don't buy into what others are saying about them.  Well, the bible tells us that we can be like that.  Is a child of God inferior to anyone?  Romans 8:16 assures us that we are, indeed, children of God.  Not only that, but heirs with Christ as well.  What a wonderful position to be in!  I'll guarantee you Satan can't make that claim.  In fact, if ANYONE knows of rejection, it's  satan, the fallen angel cast out of Heaven.  Would anyone rather trade places with him?  I don't think so.  I'll take my place among Gods elect anyday!  A very good friend of mine has often reminded me of a sound piece of advice, when satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!  One thing is for certain, when you look in the mirror, you're seeing a child of God.

~Scott~ 

No comments: