Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Brave New World

And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the taberbacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people.  God Himself will be with them and be their God.  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.  There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."  Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new."  And he said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
Revelation 21: 3-5 NKJV

If there is one verse that comforted me during the recent loss of my mother, it was Revelation 21:4.  My mother had been in periodic pain in her last years, so knowing that she was finaly home with God and free of pain and tears was a huge comfort to me.  Far from comforting my mother, I look forward to the day when I will see her again, when I will also breathe that celestial air and leave my pain and tears behind me as well.  Scripture gives us quite a few descriptions of the life we have waiting for us when we finaly pass from this world into our Lords presence.

"In my fathers house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to tprepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14: 2-3 NKJV

I think about Jesus' words in John 14:3, if it were not true that He would go and prepare a place for us, He would have told us so.  For we both know and understand that the Lord Jesus is incapable of saying something that is not true.  Therefore, we stand on his words as true!
Some may wonder just where this new world, this new dimension, this heaven actually exists.  I believe that we will obtain this knowledge in Gods own timing.  There is definately a reason that our Lord reserves entry into his kingdom for the that final lap of our lifetime race.  The apostle Paul was indeed looking forward to finnishing his race well.

I have fought the good fight, I have finnished the race, I have kept the faith.  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
2 Timothy 4: 7-8 NKJV

I've heard that realm that we all eventually pass into refered to as another "dimension."  What is obvious, is that we've read of this promised land, but few living souls have apparently experienced it.  This majesty, this ultimate glory is reserved for those who enter into His presence.  There is another passage, one I've turned to more than a few times since my mothers passing, when I often wonder just what she is experiencing.

But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its  temple.  The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it.  The Lamb is its light.  And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it.  Its Gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there).  And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it.
Revelation 21: 22-26 NKJV

If there is one thing that I am certain of, is that this woman of  God has dispensed of all of her pain and tears for her eternity with her Lord Jesus who she loved.  I wouldn't have it any other way!

~Scott~

 

No comments: