Saturday, February 6, 2016

Inside Man

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 6: 19-20 NKJV

I am constantly being reminded, as I go through my writing, of an important part of Gods gift to us.  It is a important part of the new life which we now have in Christ Jesus.  Who, having been tormented, was crucified in our place on a Roman cross.  I am assuming that we all know  the reason for Christs torture and ultimate execution.  For it is for us that Jesus ultimately sacraficed Himself unto death.  I don't think it's wrong for me to envision myself hanging on the very cross Jesus died upon.  No, for if anyone deserved that righteous punishment meant for sin, it was I, not the innocent man who carried that burden for me!

He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and aquainted with grief.  And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.  Surely he has born our griefs and carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53: 3-5 NKJV

It was long before the time of Jesus that the prophet Isaiah foretold of the wonderful gift that our Lord would give to us.  Sinful man, whom God had banished from the Garden of Eden, would now be redeemed!  The stain of sin being washed by the love and mercy of God.  Keeping in mind, that this was OUR sin and not his.
  In 1 Corinthians 6:19 we are given the story behind the crucifiction.  Yes, Jesus died for our iniquities, but as he bled on that cross, WE died there with him!

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live iin the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

The truth that we have been "Purchased" at a price for our very sin is one that I'm guessing few of us understand fully.  I know it took me a good deal of time to realize this.  However, we know, understand and believe when we stand on Gods holy word.  For instead of dealing with the traditional thinking that we walk alone on this journey of life, we understand that a change has indeed occured.  That change occured as Jesus breathed his last breath, beaten and shamed for our sake.  For the "Temple" that Christ had predicted  would rebuilt in just three short days was in fact Jesus himself.  As the sun rose on that third day, mankind stared unbelieving into an empty tomb.  For where this Jesus had been, he was no longer!  He was risen!  Not only that, as the scriptures tell all with ears to hear, it is this Jesus who now resides within all who willingly receive him.  We have been crucified with Christ!

~Scott~



No comments: