Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Man In The Mirror

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
2 Corinthians 3: 18 NKJV

Who do you see when you look in that mirror?  Well, there was a time when I saw a failure in so many ways.  Life position, sin, finance and fitness.  When I looked at that reflection, I saw a monster gazing back at me.  See, my past failures had found their way into my own image of myself.  Eventually, my actions started to mirror this image.  However, this wasn't the real Scott at all.  More importantly, this was NOT how God saw me.  I guess that you could say that the false image I was seeing of myself was just a mirage.  For nothing could hhave been farther from the truth.  How many of us have faced that same battle I have?  I would bet that there are many others who, when they look into the mirror, see only the barren landscape of what used to be.  Trust me, this is not somewhere we want to be.  The only thing that dwelling on such false images will bring is misery.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I know live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

So, what is that true image that we should be seeing of ourselves?  Ok, it took me sometime to come to grips with this, so it's still pretty new to me.  However, one thing I've found is that old image of myself that I agonized over for so many years was not only holding me back from realizing who I truly was, but it was keeping me from seeing myself as my heavenly Himself sees me.  So, how does God see me?  Well, when God looks upon me he sees the image of his own son in me!  In Galations 2:20 we see a pretty clear image of this.  For as Christ was crucified and died, so did I.  The trouble I had with this was I didn't recall dying.  I'm sure this something one would remember?  However, that is just what happened as Jesus gave himself as a sin offering for me.  That "old" Scott I feared so much was dead and gone through the willing sacrafice of Jesus.  As the apostle Paul tells us "It is no longer I who live, but Christ LIVES IN ME!"  Sounds pretty cut and dry huh?  Ok, let's  face it, I'm dead.  Or, the "old"  Scott has been done away with.  That Scott whose sin and iniquities Jesus gave his very life to cleanse me of.  What remains, and that man in the mirror we now see,  is the very reflection of Christ in us!

~Scott~

No comments: