Monday, February 8, 2016

Trust

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

There is a process in civilian pilot training where, in order for the student to pass his Instrument Flight Rules rating, he/she must demonstrate their ability to fly their aircraft strictly by the aircrafts instruments, not by sight.  Going against all conventional wisdom, the student places his reliance, his trust in whatever sensors, gauges or warning lights the aircraft has to offer.  I'm sure the aviation phrase "Flying blind" originated from this process.  Although this process may seem overbearing or suicidal to some, the experience gained from this training is invaluable in conditions where ones eyes cannot be trusted.  Ever try flying a aircraft at night, in adverse weather or in heavy fog?  Trust me, most airlines do not cease operations due to darkness.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 NKJV

Of course, there are times in our own lives where we feel like we are flying blind into the unknown.  Whether it is our finances, relationships or just life in general, sometimes we feel like we're heading through life without much guidance at all.  However, there is  help for us in these times of tumolt.  It is in Proverbs 3:5 that the author tells us that there is one who we can trust completely in our times of need.  The help we need is none other than our heavenly Father, who guides our lives every step of the way.  After all, would not the creator of man ultimately know how to help his creation?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philipppians 4:13 NKJV

Most belivers have heard the reference to Philippians 4:13 at one point of another.  It is indeed a powerful passage, as the apostle Paul assures of of the power of our Lord Jesus.  However, a dear friend of mine recently reminded me of another twist on this famous passage.  Not only can we do all things through Christ who gives us strength, it is Jesus WHO IS our strength!  For it is this Jesus who, having been crucified and resurected, now resides within each believer who has accepted him.  Need a scripture reference for this blod statement?  Very well.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

You will notice the reference here, "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me."  Now, the question we need to be asking ourselves is this, is there ANY situation too difficult for Jesus?  The obvious answer to this is a heartfelt NO!   And so it is that whatever trouble, turmoil or unsettled matter that we are facing, we will never go it alone without our Lord and savior who is now within us.  It may seem daunting, but my Lord and savior is definately mightier than any situation I'll ever face.

~Scott~

No comments: