Monday, August 1, 2016

Man Of The People

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities.  For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.  Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgement on themselves.  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil.  Do you want to be unafraid of the authority?  Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.  For he is Gods minister to you for good.  But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.  Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake.  For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually ot this very thing.  Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.
Rmoans 13: 1-7 NKJV

I've often asked myself at the approach of  each election year, just who would Jesus cast His ballot for?  Of course, this is purely rhetorical, as Christ is under no authority except that from heaven.  Yet many people seem to trivialize this as they somehow interject Jesus into our political system.  Who would Jesus tax?  Who would Jesus deport?  Who would Jesus defend at all costs?  Well, judging from scripture, we already have the answers to these questions.  Scripture tells us that Christ said to His disciples when tempted by the scribes and Pharisees on if it was right to pay taxes to Rome.  As Jesus said, "Render to Ceasar what is Ceasars, and to God what is Gods" {Matthew 22:21}.  We also know from scripture that Jesus was the "Good shepherd" who gathered all who were Gods into His fold.  Since we know that Jesus did not come to condemn the lowliest among us, but to bring all to salvation through Himself {John 3: 16-17}, we can most likely assume that Christ would most likely deport no one.  Therefore, since Jesus came to save the entire world, we can also assume that He would defend all who sought His protection.  In fact, we already know that Jesus gave Himself so that others would have life!  However, since Christ is not on the ballot, we can only choose that candadate who most closely resembles that which He stood for.  For Jesus did not stand for tyranny, economic slavery or blatant lies.  If there ever was a man who was totally good, it was Christ.

If My people, who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.  Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer made in this place.  For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.
2 Chronicles 7: 14-15 NKJV

When I think of elections and politics, I almost always base my decisions on that candadate who most resembles my faith and my values.  I am often asked just why I am a republican, well I'm not.  No, I'm a conservative at heart!  For there are republicans who are as anti religion as the most lecherous deomocrat.  It is better if I do not identify myself by political party, but by my closely held beliefs.  Sure, I want my chosen candadate to win each election, but this rarely happpens.  I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone of the fact that we are in a moral conflict in this country.  Traditional values have been at odds with liberal, progressive "Feel good" behavior for years now.  Of course, it is the democratic party which has embraced this debauchery!  The democrats, these are the very same people who brought us slavery, the KKK and the modern day Bonnie and Clyde thievery and robbers known as Bill and Hillary Clinton!  Oh, they will swear up and down that they are for the people, but the cold, hard truth smacks them in the face every time.  Don't want hear of the evil history of the democratic party?  Well, consider the very inner cities of our great nation which, after years of being ruled by corrupt democrat officials, now lie in poverty and ruins.  Once great cities such as Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore and New York now sit on the verge of rising poverty and unemployment.  This is the legacy of democrat politicians.  Of course, republicans are not without blame, for instead of stopping this plague of liberalism when they could, they chose to sit back and let it happen.  THIS is why I do not ally myself with any political party.  For America has been betrayed by both groups.  My loyalty remains not to a group created by man, but to my Lord God in heaven.  Thus, my votes go to those who most closely reflect the morals and values of my faith.  For there will never be any candadate who will ever match the power, glory and majesty of Christ Jesus, the true man of the people!

~Scott~

No comments: