Sunday, August 21, 2016

War On The Christian Heart

Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.  For he who has died has been freed from sin.  Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more.  Death no longer has dominion over Him.  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.  Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6: 6--11NKJV

It's a pretty hard sell really.  The attempts to tell someone of the truth of Christ Jesus usually ends for me in a lost look and a, "You know, that's a bit too much for me to comprehend right now."  Now, I realize that, as followers of Jesus that we are called to share the truth of His resurection, but getting others to comprehend this very truth is the greatest feat of all.  I should think that not even Houdini could overcome this trap.  Perhaps there is a christian customer service agency out there which can run a commercial of two to get our message out?  Sadly, neither of these are available to we who trust in Christ Jesus.  I've come to realize that many in our internet/social media crazed society are beyond comprehending the truth of Christ Jesus in them.  And so they tow the church line which has been layed out for generations.  The mantra that Christ Jesus was scourged and tortured, led to His cross, bled and died for our sins and rose again on the third day.  It is here where the story of Jesus ends for most people.  And it is here where that disconnect occurs.  For most people, Jesus has risen to be seated at the right hand of God the Father and is up there watching over us.  Meanwhile we are all alone here on earth as we walk through our day to day lives.  Saved by the death of Jesus, but seperated from Him nonetheless.  Nothing could be further from the truth christian!  We are not alone, we never were!  Our heavenly Father loves and cherishes us far too much to allow us to be seperate from Him.  To God, our personal relationship with Him is of great importance, and there can be no relationship if we are seperated from Him.  This is the relationship which Adam and Eve enjoyed with our Lord in the garden, and the relationship which Christ Jesus gave Himself in our place to restore.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

So, just what is this truth of Christ Jesus which so many christians have difficulty comprehending?  Well, it is the truth of Romans 6: 6-11.  It is the very truth the apostle Pual spoke in Galations 2:20!  For one cannot honestly look at these two scriptures and not realize that there is something more to this story of Jesus than we've been told over the years.  It was Pauls words in Galations 2 that changed how I thought of my relationship with Jesus.  No longer was I seperated from my savior, but walked each day of my life AS Him!  THIS is that personal relationship we are missing with our heavenly Father.  For through Adam and Eves sin of disobedience in the garden, the personal relationship we had with our heavenly Father was damaged.  Sadly, many today continue to live as if God is waiting in heaven for us to screw up just enough to warrant His punishment upon us.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  For to believe this to be true would negate many a scripture of Gods love, mercy and grace towards His children.  And yet many continue to believe the lie.  In my opinion, the church has not done us too many favors in this regard.  I would not call those who deny the truth of Jesus brainwashed by christian theology and teaching, they simply have not had the truth of Christ spoken into them.  And so we labor each day to speak that truth to all who will listen.  I'm not a salesman, but I often feel like one.


~Scott~

No comments: