Friday, May 13, 2016

Living The Lie

The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Jesus Christ.
Colossions 1: 26-28 NKJV

One thing that I absolutely can't stand is arrogant people.  We've all seen them or known them, those people who have known so much self confidence that it refelcts in their interactions with others.  They seem unwilling to accept the opinions of others, or that they themselves may just be wrong.  It's funny, but I see this among christians as well.  Now, as christians are we not taught to love our brothers?  In fact, one of thhe greatest commandments that our Lord Jesus left us us was to love one another.  Of course, that would mean that we would have to often put aside our own perceptions, dislikes and issues with those around us and open ourselves up to the fact that those around us are just like us.  For we ourselves do not have a corner on the market of Gods salvation and  grace!  Our Lord has made it abundantly clear that His love is a free gift given to all.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."
John 3: 16-17 NKJV

I have not found it spoken anywhere in Gods word where one person or group of people are more deserving of our Lords love than another.  Yet, there are those among us who walk in a sense of false confidence daily.  Just what is this lie that some of us choose to live?   Well, I believe that this is our mistaken perception that we alone are responsible for our environment around us.  We fall for the lies of self confidence and self esteem as if we alone are the ones who choose our destiny.  Here's a hint, folks, satan thought that way as well.

"How you have fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!  How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!  For you have said in your heart: 'I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the most high.'  Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the pit.
Isaiah 14: 12-14 NKJV

What was Lucifers biggest mistake?  I believe that it ultimately was his belief that he was independent of God.  Satan believed, and believes to this day, that it is he who controls his destiny.  He can be exalt himself above the God who created him!  Is it any wonder why satan was ultimately tossed from Gods presence?  Yet, there are those of us who continue to think that they are in control of who they are.  The apostle Paul tells us in Colossions 1 of the "mystery among the gentiles."  What was this mystery which he spoke of?  It is the very same truth we have within us today.  For the mystery that Paul spoke of was the truth of Jesus Christ in us.  Yes, the same Jesus who gave Himself for us now makes His home in us.

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

Now, I ask a question.  Just how can someone who had nothing to do with their own creation and have the very presence of their creator residing within them have ANY thoughts that they are independent of He who resides within him?  If, as Paul tells us, Christ is within me, how can I have confidence in myself?  Should not my confidence be in Christ who is in me?   The mistake we make is truly beliving that we have a independent self, seperate from God who created us.  This is the very lie we live.  So, how's that self confidence working out for you?

~Scott~

No comments: