Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Revealing

But when it pleased God, who seperated me from my mothers womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
Galations 1: 15-17 NKJV

It's not neccessarily a magic moment in anyones life, but it is indeed life changing nonetheless.  In Galations 1 we see that moment described by the apostle Paul.  Pauls moment came one day on the road to Damascus.  One minute he was on his way to Damascus on yet another mission to persecute the early followers of Jesus, the next he was struck blind when confronted with the very one he was persecuting.  This was that moment in which Paul would recognize as when God revealed His own son in him.  Now, for most of us it isn't really that easy to recognize.  For there is no immediate recognotion of that life changing transition which has taken place in us.  However, from that moment on, we are definately a changed person.  We cease from being one who is conformed to the world around us to someone who has a new realization of Jesus in them.  That in itself is a tough concept to comprehend, being later referred to by Paul as "The great mystery among the gentiles."

The mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Colossions 1: 26-27 NKJV

There is but one who will make this revelation known to us in His timing.  For "When it pleased God," He revealed this revelation in the life of the man Saul of Tarsus.  What followed was the reformation of the "Chief of sinners" to one of the worlds greatest teachers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Notice that Paul refers to this mystery having been "Hidden from ages and from generations."  Therefore, it is God and God only who will reveal this mystery to those whom he chooses in His own time.  Yes, He could have revealed His Son in Paul sooner, but who are we to question Gods motives?  That being said, He could have revealed Christ in me sooner as well.  There are times I wish He had, but I rejoice now in the revelation He has given me in the fullness of His timing.  For it is the end result here that matters, not how long it took us to get there.  I am not one to step aside and thank my Lord for revealing His Son in me and in the same breath ask Him why it took so long.  There's an old saying about never looking a gift horse in the mouth that may apply here.  What of this mystery among the Gentiles?  What of this revelation God has given us?  At that moment when our Lord reveals His one and only Son in us, our lives will never be the same.  We cease from acting on our own to acting as Christ who is in us.  Each and every step we now take we take as Jesus.  Having the reveleation of Christ within us, how can we not now live as Jesus?

~Scott~

No comments: