Monday, June 19, 2017

We Have Seen The Lord



3Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. 5Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6“He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, 7“saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ ”8And they remembered His words.
Luke 24: 3 - 8 NKJV

It happened on one of the hikes that Dennis and I take on occassion.  I believe that this one was into the hinterlands of Mount Tabor here in Portland.  I'd grown winded as some twenty something lady and her dog breezed past me as Dennis and I climbed the dreaded Mount Tabor stairs at a slow trot.  But that's another story for another time.  What strikes me to this day about that outing is my friends revelation of the spirit of God which he claimed, rightly so, that is present in all that we see around us.  Indeed, each time that we step out the doors of our humble abodes, right before our own eyes lies the very evidence of our heavenly Fathers creation story.  Oh sure, we can scan the verse sof Genesis and memorize step by step the events by which the Spirit of God hovered over the waters of the still unformed earth as He set forth in motion His creation miracle.  By His spoken word, all that is seen and unseen was ultimately brought to life.  Even before He breathed into us the breath of life {Genesis 2:7}.  What was once a formless void became all that we see.  I mean, not too much has changed in His creation story since the begining.  Birds are still birds, fish are still fish and we oursleves...well.  We ourselves have been changed in that we believed the lie of satan that we could be like God above {Genesis 3: 4-5}.  Again, another story for another time.  So it was that as Dennis and I wound our way around the Mount Tabor wilderness that day, that he took the time to bless me with what must have been at one time his own revelation.  The knowing that everything that we see has our Lords DNA on it.  How could it not?  After all, God Himself looked upon His creation upon completion and called it "Good" {Genesis 1:31}.

"Judge me by my size do you?  And well you should not!  For my ally is the Force.  And a powerful ally it is.  Life creates it, makes it grow.  Its energy surrounds us and binds us.  Luminous beings are we...not this crude matter.  You must feel the Force around you.  Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere!  Yes, even between the land and the ship!"
~Yoda~

Honestly, one of the first passages I thought of that day on Mount Tabor was one of my favorites we find in Luke 24.  After the crucifiction and burial of Christ, women arrived at His tomb on that third morning expecting to find the body of their Lord.  What they saw instead were angels in shining garments standing before them.  Then, these heavenly hosts asked the women at the tomb one of the most pointed questions in all scripture.  "Why do you seek the living among the dead?"  Keep in mind that these women had witnesed the very death of Jesus on that cross.  In their eyes, Jesus was indeed dead.  Despite His assurances that the things they had witnessed had to take place, their human eyes were yet to be opened.  Walking that trail with Dennis that day I'm guessing I could have been the one who was seeking the living among the dead.  In the midst of my heavenly Fathers creation, His DNA on all which I saw that day was not revealed to me until Dennis himself shared his thoughts with me.  The trees, the rocks, the stairs...all contained the fingerprints of my Lords handiwork.  By His spoken word, all that we saw that day was created.  Since then we've been on more than a few treks through our heavenly Fathers creation, never ceasing to stop in wonder that the very same Spirit which manifests Himself through us each and every day {Galations 2:20}, is also the same Spirit which manifests Himself in all that we see.  We have seen the Lord!

~Scott~

No comments: