Thursday, November 19, 2015

I Know You Well

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.
Jeremiah 1:5 NKJV

I know you well, you are my child.  Even before you were born, I knew everything about you.  You were born into sin, but I've provided for your forgiveness.  I know your thoughts, fears, hopes and dreams.  Sometimes, you even come and tell them to me.  I cherish the times that we talk, but it seems the older that you get the less time you have for me.  Where once you were glad to meet with me, you've become distant and far from me.  At times you feel as if I've abandoned you.  No, I've been here from the begining and I'll always be here waiting when you look for me.  You wonder how could I love a sinner such as yourself.  If I did not love you, would I have sent my son to die for you?  My only son, who was innocent, I gave so that you might live.  I watched as they beat and humiliated him.  My son, who has done nothing to deserve the punishment he received.  I could have saved him, for he asked me to spare him his fate.  However, had I spared him, I would have given you up, and you were too important to me.  For through the blood of my son, I redeemed you.  Where once you were stained, you are now clean in my eyes.  Where you were guilty by my just standards, you are now unblemished.  All of this I did for you.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shouuld not perish but have everlasting life."
John 3:16 NKJV

You wonder where I am.  I've never left you, I only wait for your return.  This world I created for you can be full of distractions, but I'm here to walk you through it.  You may not always realize it, but you are never alone.  There is nothing that will ever be hidden from me, so you need not fear.  I will never leave you nor forsake you, that is my promise.  





No comments: