Friday, November 20, 2015

Looking For The Living Among The Dead

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galations 2:20 NKJV

How many believers know that they've already died?  It may be a hard pill to swallow for some of us, knowing that each day we wake up in our very same body we had the night before.  According to that famous piece of  philosophy, "I think, therefore I am."  Although there may be some truth to this, I don't think we can base proof of life on cognitive thought.  Someone may correct me on this, but I don't believe that trees, grass, water or the air that we breathe have any cognitive ability whatsover.  So, using that old philosophy, can we say that trees, grass, water and air don't exist?  Obviously, most of us know better.  Still, we wake up each morning to the very same sights and sounds that we left behind when we fell asleep.  Ok, how is it that I've died?
Galations 2:20 makes this bold statement so that we might understand that, not only did our Lord Jesus die for us on that cross, but he lives on in us!

Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, "Why do you seek the living among the dead?  He is not here, but is risen!  Remember how He spoke to you when he was still in Galilee, saying, the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again."
Luke 24: 5-7 NKJV

Sometimes I feel as if we are like those people at the empty tomb of Jesus that morning, unbelieving and afraid.  Knowing the truth in our own hearts, we still continue to "seek the living among the dead."  We believe that our Lord Jesus was crucified and died on the cross and rose again three days later.  Why?  Well, the bible tells us so!  Why are we so eager to accept one part of Gods amazing story of redemption but not the entire version?  God SO LOVED the world that he gave his only son.  Not only that, he offered him up as a sacrafice for sinful man (you and me)  Why?  So that we might live!  See, when Jesus died on that cross, sinful man (again, you and me) died with him.  We were bought at a price, and Jesus has paid that debt in full.  There is no sinful man,  there is only Jesus in us.  Why seek the living among the dead?

~Scott~


No comments: